Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

baby check list

does anyone have a full list of everything im going to need including quantities of items?

for instance i know im going to need sheets for the moses, crib and cot but how many ?

i need a full list so i can work out what iv got, what i can ask for, what i can put down for baby shower etc?

TIA x

Replies

• Options

Its all personal preference for quantities.

Do you ask for gifts for a baby shower?

• Options

Well all my friends and family have asked for a list so that they don't buy things I don't want or duplicates etc.

• Options

Ooh, my mom and sister demanded a gift list so they could buy me stuff (they're in Canada and USA, so gift list is easiest), so I just went on John Lewis and looked at their nursery checklist.  I ignored bits of it, but it was helpful to know what kinds of things were necessary.  

As far as sheets, towels, and muslins, I think how many you get will depend on whether you have a good tumble dryer.  If you have two sets of sheets and they both get soiled quickly, you would need to be able to wash and dry quickly.  My sister suggested to start with two sets of sheets and if we need more we can buy more.  No point buying too many to start, though!

• Options

Just wondered, not been to one before.

i think we have 4 cotbed sheets,  not using basket this time just straight into cot. Depends how sick baby is/drying.facilities etc but 4 is prob a good number. Easy enough to pick up more if you need.

I have most stuff already so not the best person for list, i think theres one on bt wiki x

• Options

Thanks ladies, I'll start with 2 then as iv got a good tumble.

• Options

Here's a list I've used - I've shared it before which might explain the 'y's in the last column! docs.google.com/.../ccc

• Options

Thank you so much dumblespud!!