Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bedding/Sheets/Bumpers and Night Light Questions

Sorry if these seem like silly questions! What do I need for baby's bedding, sheets?

I've seen waterproof sheet protectors, do I need these and in what sizes? Do I need one for pram, one for crib/moses and one for cot bed?

What about sheets? How many do I need and do I need them in all the assorted sizes pram/crib and cot bed?

Do I need a bumper for the crib and cot bed, as I've heard these aren't safe? What about those cot wraps so they can't get their feet caught between the bars, are they safer? like this...

Someone suggested to me that I get a night light for soft lighting when I'm feeding or trying to get baby off to sleep? What kind of night light do I need? We can't fit dimming switches at home as we rent so that's not an option.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Options

Is that the airwrap thingy from Jo Jo?  I have one of those.  Great for stopping the dummy falling down thr back of the cot!

Waterproof sheet - I think i only got one for the cot but the crib mattress I biught was waterproff anyway (wrappe in a plasticky thing)

Sheets - you'll def need cot bed ones (but maybe not until later).  In theory you could use these for everything and just tuck then in but they might be a bit big and lumpy.  I bought crib sheets, moses basket sheets and pram sheets and couldn't tell the difference with any of them!  So I would get a few the same that can can do all of them.  I;d want at least one for each plus one spare.  A little tip in to tuck a muslin around the top of the sheet where the head would lay to catch up sick/dribble etc - saves always having to change and wash the sheet.

Night light - ah i was going to suggest dimmer switches.  I;d def get something wth softer lighting as you DO NOT want to wake the baby!!  Not sure what to suggest tho.

• Options

Yeah it is, I have zero experience but it looked good to me :) think it is by JO JO yeah, thanks for all the tips! The sheets seem to be all different sizes as well so maybe I'll just get a few cot bed and a few crib and use them where I need to.

I spotted these as a nightlight but think it's just cause I think they are pretty but have no idea how useful they would be to me to not wake him! What do you think?

They are all by Pabobo, one is a night light that he could use later on to take into bed with him, one is a projector light, and one is a carousel light, sorry for the big pics!

• Options

We have that airwrap from JoJo, it's been brilliant.

Re nightlights, your moniotr may have one on it. We do on our Angelcare and that's perfectly sufficient for night feeds.

I think we had 2 fitted moses basket sheets and a couple of blankets to begin with. We were given LOADS of blankets as gifts for some reason! Second the muslin "pillow" trick.

Now E is bigger she is in sleeping bags and we have 3 of those so one on, one in the wash and one spare. She has 2 cotbed fitted sheets for under her, no need for waterproof layer yet x

• Options

I've seen waterproof sheet protectors, do I need these and in what sizes? Do I need one for pram, one for crib/moses and one for cot bed?

We only had one for the cot mattress, if the worst came to the worst moses basket mattresses are so cheap to replace, probably cheaper than the waterproof sheet.

What about sheets? How many do I need and do I need them in all the assorted sizes pram/crib and cot bed?

We had 2 fitted pram sheets.  We used the fitted cot sheet wrapped around the crib mattress twice, worked brilliantly, no lumps or bumps and saved us money.  We had 4 cot sheets and this was plenty. 

Do I need a bumper for the crib and cot bed, as I've heard these aren't safe? What about those cot wraps so they can't get their feet caught between the bars, are they safer? like this...

Bumper will depend on the child, some will be forever getting themselves stuck between bars etc (like Zoe).  We had a traditional style bumper for Zoe - they are no longer not recommended by FSIDS - but I am going to get an airwrap for Noodles.  Jojo only have them in the white but on Zulily the other week a company called Safe Dreams had coloured ones.

Someone suggested to me that I get a night light for soft lighting when I'm feeding or trying to get baby off to sleep? What kind of night light do I need? We can't fit dimming switches at home as we rent so that's not an option.

Definitely recommend some kind of low level lighting.  We had a touch bedside lamp which was great, could have it on a low setting or higher if needs be. 

• Options

Gbutterfly

Sorry if these seem like silly questions! What do I need for baby's bedding, sheets?

I've seen waterproof sheet protectors, do I need these and in what sizes? Do I need one for pram, one for crib/moses and one for cot bed? Depends on your mattress really, if it has a washable cover I'd not bother. Our Moses had a plastic cover over the mattress anyway so we didn't need a waterproof one for that and our mattress had a washable removable cover too, we have always put a childs duvet under the fitted sheet anyway to make it really soft so on the occasion N has been sick through the sheet we have just washed the duvet too. Sick has never made it through to the mattress.

What about sheets? How many do I need and do I need them in all the assorted sizes pram/crib and cot bed? Buy 3 or 4 in each size I'd think

Do I need a bumper for the crib and cot bed, as I've heard these aren't safe? What about those cot wraps so they can't get their feet caught between the bars, are they safer? We used bumpers from when N went into his cot from the hammock at 4 months as he'd hit his head on the bars, but I know thy aren't recommended from a safety aspect. I'd not bother unit aloo until they learn to roll about etc.

Someone suggested to me that I get a night light for soft lighting when I'm feeding or trying to get baby off to sleep? What kind of night light do I need? We can't fit dimming switches at home as we rent so that's not an option. We fitted dimmers so I'm not much help but if that's not an option how about one of those lamps that has different brightness settings for your side of the bed?

Thanks! :)

• Options

Hey!! Very Nice!! I love these photo's !!!

Thanks for giving me such good information !!!Big SmileSmile

Thanks once again!!

bassinet sheet