Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Christenings

2»

Replies

• Options

For our first we did the church then a 'party' at our house, he just wore a little suit and had a white blanket.

For our second we had moved to a flat so did the same church then we hired a area in a nice little family pub, paid for them to do the food and everyone just got their drinks from the bar, she wore a traditional christening gown but i got her changed after so not to ruin it.

This time we will do similar again as we don't have the room for our big families to have a party at home (unless we move) .

I don't think we set a finish time and just left when  everyone else did but they didnt go on too late though.

• Options

Our first son was christened in June when he was 6 months old, we had people back to the local pub who did us a buffet and noone stayed more than about two hours.

Second son was christened in July when he had just turned 1, we had people back to ours for a barbeque afterwards as a joint christening and first birthday celebration. Most family stayed an hour or two, friends stayed later which was fine by us.

Planning to do the same for this baby in August next year.

• Options

I was wondering this too? Would you expect some kind of entertainment at a christening do if there were lots of kids there?

• Options

My SIL hired the village hall which is across from the church. There was a hog roast/buffet type thing and a bar where people could get drinks. I think it started around midday and she had a balloon man come to entertain the kids at about 4pm. It was quite a long day and I didn't last until the end as I was heavily pregnant but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves Smile

• Options

My friends hired the locak community centre, and a a bouncy castle.... They organised for a fish and chip van to come along and serve chips to everyone and there was cake.  We all had a big game of rounders on the field outside...it was a lovely day! But obviously weather dependant.

• Options

I have never been to a christening where there has been entertainment afterwards and wouldn't expect it.

• Options

Thanks all. I;ll have a look at the sites suggested for an outfit.

I've given H until the weekend to jot down the guests he wants to invite and then once I know numbers I'll try and decide whether to have it at home or a hall.

• Options

Check out www.firstblessings.co.uk  - all handmade to a very high spec