Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Connecta - its arrived but i need help!!

So firstly i LOVE it!! I am wearing it now but how does the big flappy bit at the front go? If i do the clips up so it totally covers baby its really baggy - is that right? Where does it go if you dont want baby's head covered? If you have it hanging down on the outside you cant see the lovely design or does it go inside? How do you make this magic pocket that people talk about?

Also when you are out and about what do you put all your stuff in?? Usually with my buggy i would have my changing bag on the handle....

TIA!

X

Replies

• Options

The hood is pretty big. It's a better size when they're bigger though. Useful for stopping cake crumbs going on baby's head too Wink

To tuck the hood into the pocket, pinch the black lining in one hand below where the hood joins on, and the same in your other hand but with the outside fabric, pull them apart and it creates a space to tuck the hood into.

• Options

No idea why the smilie moved to the begging of my reply - was after the cake crumb bit!

Hopefully this'll show what I mean (I'm a bit rubbish at explaining things)

• Options

Oh I didn't know that's what you did with the hood, will try it later!

• Options

Cool thank you! So once you have made the pocket do you still do the little clips up as the straps are now inside the pocket?

• Options

Nope, I just tuck them in. If you need more head support you can tuck a folded up muslin in the pocket too to make a little headrest.

• Options

Fab thank you! P is asleep in it already!! X

• Options

Does this look right? X

• Options

Yep that looks right :-) lovely pattern

• Options

Thank you! Now i just have to work out how to tell my H i spent £60 on a baby carrier!!

• Options

That looks loads better than the tomy one! Is it comfy?

• Options

Yep, looks great.

It'll be the best £60 you spend, honest! Plus, it's only really £15 ish as you can sell it on afterwards for usually about £45 ish Smile

• Options

That's gorgeous, I've just ordered the 'mud dot' one, I like the birds of Norway too but thought H may wear this one too.

I just won't be telling H how much it cost!

• Options

Compared to the cost of some pushchairs, I say 60 quid is a bargain :-)

If I am going out far enough to warrant taking a change bag, I wear a little rucksack with my sling.

• Options

Compared to the other decent carriers out there I think it's actually a good price for something which has such good reviews. I know my H won't agree though as he's happy with the £16.99 one from Argos were using at the moment. I know (well I hope) the connecta will be more comfortable for her and me as she gets heavier!

• Options

Yes but the shelf life is vastly different, a connecta can last so much longer.  It wouldn't be ideal but I bet I could still carry my nearly 4yo in a connecta whereas I wouldn't have a hope in hell of carrying anything other than a teeny baby in a high street carrier.

• Options

What Isis says, I was still carrying Zoe in a sling (ok, not the connecta, but a babyhawk which is very similar but you tie it rather than buckled) until she ws 3.5 yrs old.  I bet that your £16.99 Argos one wouldn't last that long ;-

MM, that pic looks fab, perfect positioning I'd say.

Marmite, I am so jealous.  I love that print, however my only justification for the Connecta was getting a solarweave version as I already have a pertty Babyhawk

• Options

Thanks everyone! Yes its really comfy :-)

• Options

Looks great Maisie! I must start using mine!

• Options

oooh, we have the 'Birds of Norway' too - I love it.  In fact my H had it on this morning to take A to the minimarket for breakfast.  We've had lovely comments from people while we've had A in it on holiday.