Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Connecta advise...

I'm clearly a sheep and you've all brainwashed me. I know I NEED a connecta but should I get the solarweave or the normal one?

also... Anyone selling?

Replies

• Options

Hmm. Im not sure. I used to have 3 but got rid of the normal and kept the solarweave and snuggly giraffe

• Options

Hmm... Interesting! If I bought used I could have 2! You're so helpful!

• Options

I got the normal one cos i wanted a pretty pattern! Its not that thick material and P is happy in hot weather.

• Options

I'd get a normal as the solarweave isn't as snuggly. When are you due? I only use the solarweave when it's really warm.

And I still use the normal giraffe one in warm weather too, I used it on Monday when it was 25 degrees and both of us were fine, she just had a vest on and nothing else.

• Options

I'd go normal, purely because of the patterns!

• Options

I had a solar weave and I borrowed a normal one. I much preferred the solar weave. It folds up so small and was great in all weathers. Not as pretty but much more practical in my opinion.

• Options

I've a solarweave and as Pip says it folds up very small. I'd say that the advantage of a solarweave is that it can be used all weathers and even in water, so good for at the beach etc. It's easier to add layers than it is to cool a baby down and it would dry quicker if it got wet in rain etc. However, i've not got a normal one to compare it to as my Manduca is my regular carrier.

• Options

I have a solarweave but not a normal one so u can't compare but I do love it. It scrunches up small to be stuffed into a changing bag or bottom of pushchair, dries quickly, nice and thin so you don't get too hot and sweaty in warm weather. I would love a funky print but I'm ok with my boring blue one :-)

• Options

I have normal connecta, it's been fine in hot weather, folds up quite small and I can fit it in the pocket on the back of my buggy.

Can you still get the giraffe?? I really want one!!!

• Options

I have a normal connecta and love it. It's been fine through all the hot weather but will be nice in the winter too. It fits in my mary poppins bag (along with a whole load of baby paraphernalia and my purse/phone and bits for George).  

(I also have a close carrier and love that too!).

• Options

Thanks!

• Options

I'm selling my Connecta - it's a normal one in blue Hot Couturier (big pink flowers).

• Options

Can you post me a pic please? How much are you wanting for it?

• Options

I can't find a pic of my actual one, but it's in really good condition. The fabric is the bottom one on this page:

mumsbabes.blogspot.co.uk/.../bp-for-connecta-baby-carriers.html

Not sure how much to ask for it? £50 inc postage?

• Options

I'll speak to H when he gets home from work.  I hate that there is no option to pm in here!

• Options

I got the solar weave second hand at a bargain price (£35) and love it!