Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Done before but... large cup nursing bras, where from?

I've checked out Figleaves and Bravissimo but the bras all seem really expensive and there aren't any decent sale ones in my size (34G).

I ordered a 36G one from Debenhams but when it arrived someone had handwritten on the tag, "Mis-sized, NOT 36G" and indeed it's got a very large back band and a huge cup. I've emailed them to complain but as I was absolutely desperate that day (had visitors coming over) I had to suck it up and wear it, so can't really send it back!

Replies

• Options

I was going to recommend Figleaves, I suppose it depends how much you normally spend on bras but I am normally a 34G and have never really managed to spend less than £30 on a bra.  I ordered a few from them the other week.

I've just had a quick check for you and there are loads around £22 - £28, I'm not sure you are going to get a decent nursing bra (or any bra) for less than that.

• Options

Leia is quite good too. Am afraid you are looking at about £25 - £30 a pop though for a decent one though. You only need two!

• Options

Ah well, maybe I will just have to bite the bullet then! Thanks ladies. I can get normal bras in the sale at Debenhams for a tenner so was hoping for something around that mark but it looks like it's not really possible :(

• Options

There are a couple in Debenhams for £16 in your size, can't comment on quality though.

• Options

I can only get my size in Bravissimo, 34HH at least, and never been able to spend less than £30 sadly.

• Options

Bravissimo or John Lewis. My maternity bras were a 36K Embarrassed

• Options

Ebay....most are usually new from top sellers etc. Shame as think the hotmilk deal on fully has gone now x

• Options

Ladies I just wanted to let you know I found some in Mothercare... 2pack for £28, yay!

• Options

Glad you found some, I always forget Mothercare do maternity clothes.

Have you found your size changed much after you had A? I want to get some to take to hospital with me so would I just get the size I am now? I haven't grown since about 30 weeks.

• Options

Pinky, I've gone up a cup size and maybe half a band size (as in, I was a 34FF and now I think I'm more like a 35G!) but I have still bought 34s and just used a bra extender in case I shrink in the back. I was wearing my 34FF maternity bras with the bra extenders until I actually went in to hospital to have him. So in my experience I didn't change size much.

• Options

Only just seen this! I'm going to try to get measured in the next couple of weeks again but if I don't get chance I will just get the same size I am now then. Thanks! Hope you're both doing well x