Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dopplers

Ladies with dopplers, what make do you have and how do you rate them? I'm trying to work out if the more expensive models are really worth the extra money or if the cheaper versions work just as well?

Thank you Thanks

Replies

• Options

I have the angel sounds one. Got it from Amazon for £20. Never had any problems with it.

• Options

I had an angelsounds one too, although was 5 years ago now - I managed to find C's heartbeat from when I was about 11 weeks pg, it took a bit of time, and you really have to make sure you don't worry if you can't find it to start with because it might not be where you expect.  Also, don't take using a doppler as an alternative for getting checked out if you have any worries x

• Options
    My mw told me that the biggest problem with them is that it's easy to pick up your heart beat instead of baby's and then not get checked when you should do. If I were to get one it'd just be for fun of hearing hb so a cheap one would do. Any worries should be checked out eg with lack of movement just finding hb at home isn't really enough if a check out that all is ok.
  • Options

I'll go and have a look as can't remember the make but the one I have has a digital display so you can see the heart rate and therefore you know it's not your own you've picked up. I was worried I would just be listening to my own but this resolved that issue! It's brilliant, very very easy to use and I always found the heartbeat quickly when I used it.

I was thinking of selling mine if your interested?

• Options

I'm watching this thread with interest. Thanks for starting Fig.

• Options

At the hospital yesterday even the dr picked up my heartbeat, and I questioned how slow it was for the baby, then she kept looking and found the babies. It's very easy to pick up yours.

• Options

I've got a angel sound one and its been a god send

• Options

I borrowed one but it's in a drawer for emergencies. I used it when I was pretty worried, all fine. Then I thought I'd use it the next day, couldn't find the HB, ended up in tears!! Have used it once since, a few weeks ago. I wouldn't have bought one because I knew what would happen - I'd get stressed if I didn't hear what I expected to hear!! :)

• Options

Thanks for your recommendations ladies, Angelsounds sounds like a good place to start then. Thank you xx