Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ergo or maduca....?

I have been looking at buying either a manduca or ergo baby carrier. Does anyone have one and are they any good ? X

Replies

• Options

We have got 2 ergos. We have used them with the newborn inserts when the children were, well, newborns. J would still go in the ergo on her dad's back if it wasn't for the fact that she has two younger sisters who use the ergos instead! She is 4. My son used it until he was 3 or 4

• Options
    Thanks for your input heartnurse x x saw an ergo in john lewis yesterday looks good x
  • Options
    I have a manduca. I totally love it! Think they are very similar so no advice on how to choose between them!
  • Options

Does the Ergo cross at the back when you're wearing on the front? If not I think I'd lean towards the Manduca, but I think they're both great carriers.

• Options
    Hey unsure will need to check....if it crosses over or not x thanks girls I cant really see much difference between the two seem comfy though...
  • Options
    Ergo does not cross at back had a look at youtube x
  • Options

I think a crossed back might make front carries more comfy after the baby gets a bit chunkier (though you could always switch to back carries at that point too!) Do you have a sling library near you so that you could try both out? I don't think you can go wrong with either though really. Ergos have a problem with fakes, so if you do go for one it's better to get it from an approved supplier (Eg John lewis, not ebay!)

On a side note, I thought your ticker was a Brussel sprout this week rather an a lettuce at first glance!

• Options

I've a Manduca and love it. It can be worn in a number of ways, but so far I've only had her on my front with the strap or cross over when H is around to help me put it on. Just be careful with Ergos as there are a lot of fakes around.

• Options

Apparently jojomamanbebe have manducas reduced at the moment £60 delivered I think? No idea if that's a good price just saw it on hotukdeals ans thought of this post. HTH

• Options

Flippin eck, amazon have black/camel ergos for £54!! And it's them selling it, not a third party seller.

• Options

Thank you everyone. H ended up buying me the ergo carrier for Christmas which is fab. X