Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Going back to 2 naps

I is 15 months & a few times over this last week she's been really tired so I've been putting her down for a morning nap as well as her usual afternoon nap. Is this usual? Thanks x

Replies

• Options

How long has she been doing one nap for? I flirted between one and two naps bit not for long. Has she been busier recently or learnt a new skill? I went to 1 nap after she started walking aged 15 months.

• Options

O is a few weeks younger than I. He went through a brief stage of sleeping once a day. He has gone back to his 2 naps again.

• Options

Isla's still on 2 naps a day at almost 18 months, although she will slepp for 11 hours solid at night she is awake at 6am every morning and just can't hold out til after lunch for one nap. She is literally on the go for the whole time she's awake so I think if they are active enough 2 naps is fine at that age.  

• Options

Enjoy it. My middle child stopped napping totally when he jsut turned 2!

• Options

As Mossy says - enjoy!! M stopped napping all together before she was 18 months and even before that  a nap to her meant 20 mins if I was lucky!

• Options

She's been napping once a day for about a month with the occasional morning nap (usually if we've been in the car) but she's now gone back to her 9.30am nap. Sounds pretty normal then & if she needs it then obviously I'll let her nap (better that than an unhappy child) I joined her for the nap this morning so obviously yesterday was a busy day! She did do a fair bit of walking yesterday as well that might explain it.

Thanks ladies

• Options

F is nearly 15 months and usually has one nap a day of around 1.5 hours. However, today he has had nearly 3 hours! It does seem to vary from day to day so I just follow his lead.