Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long after baby was born did you leave them to go out for drinks with friends?

2»

Replies

• Options
    I left J at a couple of weeks old, with my Mum.

He was taking bottles easily, so I had no problem leaving him.

I had to leave C in a hospital, 40 miles away from home at 5 days old, so leaving J for a few hours, with family wasn't an issue for me.
  • Options

probably when he was about 2 1/2 yrs old, getting a trained cover to a babysit was a problem.

• Options

lucas - i went for drinks with post natal group when he was 16 weeks, H and i went out for meal and were home by 11 pm when he was about 6m onths

he first stayed over with mil when he was 1

isaac - h and i went to a civil partnership party from 6-10pm when isaac was 6 weeks old, we went out together and home by 11 when he was 11 months old, he stayed out at the ils when he was 11 months too

• Options

My parents had C when she was 2 or 3 weeks old overnight because I was exhausted. I haven't been on a night out yet but supposed to be going out 27th dec with a group of friends for tea so that will be a bit mad.