Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How many weeks does a CBD show up to?

I got a bfp on Saturday on two supermarket tests. I'm not sure how far along I am due to pcos and irregular cycles. I think about four weeks . 

If I get one of the clear blue digitals how far along will it show? 

I've seen people post Photos of ones saying 1-2 weeks and 2-3 weeks. is that all they show? If someone who is 5 or 6 weeks used one would it still just say 2-3 weeks as that's all it can show? 

Hope my question makes sense! 

Replies

• Options

I believe they show 3+ weeks as well.

• Options

Think the max they show is 3+, so at 4 weeks I'd expect it to say 1-2.

• Options

So the number of weeks it says is from conception then rather than how the midwife will date it? So then whatever it comes up with do you add two weeks onto that for how many weeks pregnant you will be classed as by the midwife/hospital etc? Sorry for being thick but I've never used one of them before. think I may have to buy one this afternoon then. When I sent my H to the shops on Saturday for a test I didn't expect to get a positive. As he phrased it " I only bought a cheap one as I didn't think you would actually be pregnant, if I knew we were going to get a positive I would have splashed out on an expensive one"! He does spoil me!

• Options

Ys JT that's right. CBD times from ovulation/conception so you add 2 weeks effectively. 1-2 weeks on a CBD means 3-4 by the way they date you.  I think a CBD goes 1-2, 2-3, 3+

• Options

WPCS-I got a 3+ CBD and it turned out I was nearly 8 weeks (I wasn't really trying so didn't keep track of dates)

• Options

Thanks everyone. Going to pop to the shops once W wakes up .