Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My husband is a complete muppet ...

He walks into the room finishing off a chocolate biscuit with chocolate smeared around his mouth (yes, you would think that by the age of 43 he could eat a chocolate biscuit without getting it all around his face)

Zoe then pipes up "can I have a chocolate biscuit".  His response is "No".  Cue lots of tears from Zoe.  I mean seriously, did he actually think it was fair to stand there eating a chocolate biscuit in front of a 4 yr and tell her she can't have one.   What a stupid thing to do, surely anyone who has any experience of parenting would know that you eat the biscuit in the kitchen whilst pretending to look in a cupboard.

Replies

• Options

I dont have one yet, but from the experience of my niece and nephew I know to sneak one out of the tin, shove it in quick and show no evidence!  Silly men!

• Options

I often get the 'what are you eating mummy' to which my standard answer is 'celery' !

• Options

Ha ha that is very foolish of him, and your cupboard line made me laugh out loud!

• Options

workinghard

I often get the 'what are you eating mummy' to which my standard answer is 'celery' !

this is the most brilliant parenting idea I've ever heard! 

• Options

It doesn't work with Zoe, she says "erm, no mummy, I can smell chocolate" ...

• Options

She's got a good nose! I can see H doing this at a later date when W is old enough to ask for things. Men are truely a law unto themselves!

• Options

I'm super wary of this if I'm snaffling chocolate as Jude can't have it which is just plain mean on him if he sees me!