Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ok, so I'm going to Scarborough! Not OT

This weekend I'm spending a night in Scarborough with 4 girlies in a log cabin with hot tub for 2 friends as a joint birthday. Thing is, it's the first time I will have left C overnight. She's only 20 weeks old but I know I'll have to do it one day. Trying to convince myself that it'll do me good, getting a break as I can't be mum 24/7. But I'm worrying!! She'll be at home with hubby so I know she's in safe hands. It's more me than her. I'm going to miss her loads!!x

Replies

• Options

The first time is always hard but you'll come back feeling like a new woman after all that relaxing and girly gossiping.  Have fun x

• Options

I went away with girls for 3 nights about 20 weeks after Jemima's discharge. She was still tiny. Never regretted it for a second, will do you the world of good and give hubby an opportunity to cement the bond with his daughter and develop a relationship with her independent of you. All important things! X

• Options

It'll do you good, and will give your H quality time with C.

• Options

Thanks ladies for reassuring me. Part of me feels guilty for 'leaving' her but I know this is normal. Like you say it'll do me good and C can have some quality time with her daddy without me interfering and takin over! I turned down an all expenses paid hen do in July as its for 4 nights abroad and I didn't want to leave her! I'm crazy lol xx