Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty!

My boy is not yet ready for potty training, but we are getting close wit him having a wee when he gets in the bath, which I'd like to swap for one in a potty before he gets in the bath!

whats the best potty to get. And for when the time comes, any books/advice?

Replies

• Options

We just had one of the chair type ones. It's a good idea to pop him on it for a little while just to get used to it. Our problem was never getting S to wee on the potty, more the fact he'd wee on the potty then his pants 5 mins later! Good luck

• Options

Thanks

• Options

We have an Asda potty which cost less than a pound - no point spending out more than you need to, so I'd try a cheapy one first then spend more if he won't use that one.

• Options

We just bought a cheap potty, which I'm quite glad about as he decided he wanted to go straight on the toilet when it came to ditching the nappies!  

we also bought this book which we read him for 2-3 months before

www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=sr_1_5

We used to talk about the different potties and pants he'd want, and that he'd get a chocolate star afterwards (they all get a star in the book)

I also read the Gina Ford potty training book which is actually quite good - probably the only decent book she's written!

• Options

Agree with Deedee about the GF potty training book, first time I've read anything useful she's written!