Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Second pregnancy booking in

Just a general pondering really, they obviously took my pregnancy notes away when my daughter was a few weeks old, I was hoping that they keep your notes somewhere so you don't have to go through all the questions about family medical history again etc.

Replies

• Options

You have to do it again, they had some of my info on file as my booking in was at the hospital where p was born. Its pretty much tte same although I found they focused more on my pregnancy and birth with p but they did wizz through the family questions too.

• Options

Yep, have to go through it all again.....

• Options

How silly, I really thought they'd produce my old notes!! Oh well

• Options
    Yes they go through it all again...they do discuss last birth and pregnancy too. You get less checks as well if everything straight forward x
  • Options
    But things might have changed? I think going through everything again is important as you might forget to tell them something important.
  • Options

They will have some of your info but they don't assume your partners details are the same as first pregnancy. Sad times!

• Options

Thanks abc, I'm hoping to have a home birth this time so I'm hoping I can find out about that as well.

• Options

Yup we had to do everything again...medical histories change as do addresses and partners for some mums, so it's best to be prudent and start from scratch each time. a different nhs authority this,time, but after my scan they printed out some notes which included O's birth weight in grams, and his birth centile info, which I hadn't been asked for so they obviously keep some info on file?

• Options
    Yes that's true coco my notes have p's details on such as birth weight, type of delivery etc on so they do keep some info on file.
  • Options

My notes have details of Molly's birth weight etc too

• Options

I'm at the same hospital so they already had everything in the computer system. It was super quick, she said "I'm just going to read out your answers from before, correct me if anything's wrong or changed".

• Options

That's what I'm hoping Saisi.  Weekender I hadn't even thought about the fact that you could have a different partner a 2nd time!

Obviously I assumed they'd go through them & double check rather than starting from scratch!

• Options

My notes from when I had C would have been useless for my pregnancy with J.

different dad, a m/c between pregnancies, diff weight, other differences to my health.