Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sharp pains/pressure at nearly 31 weeks?

So i am 30+6 today and have been getting sharp pains in my cervix when i walk and also a feeling of pelvic pressure. Anything to worry about?? X

Replies

• Options

Probably not but as someone who gave birth at 30+6 please go and get checked out just to be on the safe side.

Is it intermittent or constant? Any other symptoms?

Sure it's all fine but no one will blame you for getting checked over x

• Options

What WH said, if pains are different to usual i'd phone triage to get checked out. Hopefully baby has just had a change of position and it'll ease up x

• Options

Hmmmm i am in from work now so going to see if it continues.... It seems to have stopped at the moment. Its only been intermittent so not constantly all day.

Thank you.

• Options

Hmm even so, they'll never dismiss you for at least calling if you're worried. Always better to go sooner than later just in case it is something rather than jothjng

• Options

Yeah maybe you are right. I will give them a buzz. Thank you x

• Options

Keep us posted x

• Options

They have said to have a cold drink and lie down to make sure she is moving lots as i havent noticed much today and keep an eye on things.

• Options

Fingers crossed then, glad you've phoned them at least

• Options

Any change MM?

• Options

How are you getting on? I've noticed my boy has got LOTS lower in recent days and i have been having lots of Braxton hicks - hopefully your girl is just beginning to prepare herself for her eventual entry into the world like my boy hopefully is!

• Options

All seems to have calmed down thanks everyone. No more sharp stabby pains and lots of movement. Thanks everyone. I feel like a total hyperchondriact - i am sure i never worried this much first time round! X

• Options

It sounds like she is pressing down, I have had this quite  a bit - since she went head down really, If you are worried though always best to get checked x

• Options

Glad all is ok this morning. Never feel like a hypochondriac though, always better safe than sorry!