Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Snacks

O is 8.5 months old, has 3 meals a day and 3 bottles a day. Do I need to start introducing snacks soon- if so, what kind of things do your LO snack on? And when do you give them in the day?

Replies

• Options
    Isla was on 4 bottles a day and 3 meals up til she was 14 months so I didn't give her snacks. At 14 months I thought 4 bottles a day was too much so I stopped her mid morning and afternoon bottles and substituted those with snacks.

We gave things like fruit/ rice cakes/ biscotti biscuits/ veg batons
  • Options

Thanks mrsB, I think I will try some veg batons to start with. If he doesn't want them at least he is getting more and more used to holding food

• Options

Watching this as S has 3 meals and 3 bottles although we are about a month behind you so I'm jut curious. How many oz is O having in his bottles noodle, out of interest?

• Options

He has 6oz in the morning and 7oz in the afternoon and bed one! I find this food business ever so confusing lol

• Options

Ah ok that's about the same as S. I just can't imagine him being full enough from a snack to not have a bottle but then I could never imagine him only having three bottles a day, but he does lol!