Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Still can't use tampons 3 years after giving birth? Maybe tmi...

Hello ladies
I don't know if anyone has had this problem, but I still can't use tampons after giving birth 3 years ago, I insert them, but it always feels as if something is in the way, I get them in eventually, but after about 5 minutes they become uncomfortable and start to fall out and it doesn't matter how high I get them up iyswim, they still fall out, and sometimes they come out sideways! I don't know if it has any bearing, but she was a 9lb 4oz baby delivered with forceps, could this have affected how I am now? Sorry if it's tmi!

Replies

• Options

Not TMI. Nothing is here! I would certainly get it checked out. Might be worth a GP visit to get examined.

• Options

I have to admit I've been much the same since my 1st child 3 years ago...to start with I was too dry, them I had the feeling like it's falling out problem. I gave up and used pads instead. Since the arrival if number 2 I've tried again but again no joy! Thankfully I've not git a regular AF at the moment so it's not so much an issue, but I think I may be visiting the docs anyway for another ladygarden issue so I may just ask while I'm there sorry you're suffering too x

• Options

Thanks ladies,

I'll think I'll go to the docs too, I miss the freedom they give and I'm fed up with pads, they get on my nerves! I'm not sure if there is anything they can do though?

• Options

I don't know a lot but it couldn't be a prolapse could it?

• Options

Thanks Holey, I thought about that, but I went for another go for IVF at ARGC and I thought they might notice it was a prolapse when I went for scans etc...well I would hope so! It's so annoying, it would be interesting to see if anyone else suffers like this...looks like a trip to the docs, although it doesn't bother me in other ways so I could be wasting the GPs time. xx

• Options

Ah ok. Definitely get yourself off to the docs. You won't be wasting their time, that's what they are there for