Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tips please, ideas for keeping an 18m old entertained on a flight!

2.5 hours is a looonnnng time for my O to sit still!  Anyone got any great tips for keeping him happy and entertained?  Last time we travelled on a plane was 3 yrs ago, E was 2 and slept the whole way there and the whole way back, so I didn't have to do anything! 

Suggestions please!

Replies

• Options

iPad? Food? Books?

• Options

Toy cars/trains, crayons and colouring book, DVD

• Options

Food - Tesco sell a multi pack of 6packs of mini breadsticks, these were fantastic on our recent train trip to Austria & back

• Options

I'm planning just to feed Isaac Laugh he's got a toy tea set too so thatl pass 5 mins before he wants another sandwich/biscuit x

• Options

Aquadoodle, iPad or similar, books, snacks.

• Options

Thanks all, we have an ipad which will help but E will want to watch stuff on it too. Luckily Oscar likes "Noc-Norts" and so does Elliott so we'll download some of those! (Thats Octonauts btw)

Snacks , of course are a must.  Am I allowed to take a packed lunch on board? Sarnies etc?

Isn't Aquadoodle massive?!  Or have I missed something?

Does anyones 18m old like stickers yet? I'm wondering if he'll like them or just think they're rubbish!

• Options

Travel aquadoodle! It's been brilliant for us. I don't know what your airlines rules are on food so would contact them before hand. E has played with stickers since she was 13 months old, she loved and loves them.

• Options

I'm following with interest as we're taking S to Mexico in august and I'm dreading the flights as he DOES NOT SIT STILL!  

• Options

Haha Fifi!

We have an hour and a half transfer  after the flight too. I keep thinking I'd rather he was awake but occupied on the flight and slept on the transfer but I don't think he'll last that long!

• Options

F will be nearly 17 months when we go away and I'm not quite sure how we're going to entertain him for 3 hours - he doesn't sit still for a second! I'm planning on taking/buying lots of snacks, a couple new toys to 'open' on the plane, books, etc. also hoping H's kindle fire might keep him busy for a bit!

• Options

I'm not even thinking as far ahead as the transfer! We have an hour on the ground in manchester for refuelling (take iff in Bristol) and I'm hoping if I can keep him awake until after that I may get a decent nap out of him, so I get to eat sitting down.

I was thinking packed lunch too, until someone told me they wont allow me to take it on board.

• Options

I have taken food/ packed lunch on board before with no problems, why would they stop you?

I spent a 7 hour flight going up and down, up and down the plane - longest flight ever but R was happy!  Otherwise, I think as mentioned before, find the single air hostess that has massively been hit with the broody stick, this took up another 7 hour flight :)

Not sure they are the most helpful hints! Sorry

• Options

LC- I was stopped by Emirates last time we were home and they said we couldn't take the snacks I had for Ella on board. I warned them that if we did not take it, all hell would break loose and I would expect them to deal with Ella's tantrums. They let us carry on with it then. I think sometimes it just depends on who stops you (we were on the UK side, Dubai side have let me through with liquids galore before now Laugh)