Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

UPDATE OF DOCS APP ****what do I say to docs & update****

Morning ladies I did the boots line test thiis morn and theres a good line which im pleased about I know it doesn't automatically mean anything but has helped to reassure me slightly. Ive booked an appointment for today earliest they could get me in was 4.50 so that means I wont get a blood test until weds for defo. However receptionist was very doubtful as to if he would even send me for one. What can I say to get him to let me have a blood test also ive rang in sick today ive woken up with cough and sore throat so could do without the stress of work. I cant seem to upload pic of test even though ive followed the steps 

Replies

• Options

Congrats on your positive test this morning! Great news.

Lay it on really thick with your GP. Tell them how stressed you are because of what's happened this year etc.

If they do refuse you could do a weekly CBD test so you can see the weeks going up?

Keeping everything crossed for you x

• Options

I agree, i think you need to stress how important it is to you after what happened.

After your past, i would like to think they would, after all, its just a blood test. Our hospital has a drop in service for blood tests so its not as if you are taking up lots of somebodies time!

FX that your appointment goes well and come back to update us with what they say

x

• Options

Also worth mentioning that you have taken today off partly because you are stressing about this. You really need to have your mind set to rest x

• Options

Will do with how stressed im feeling ive a whole speech laid out about how him sending me for a small blood test is nothing to him but to me I could cause stress and sleepless nights thats if he says no lol trouble is he doesnt know about my past 2 they both happened before seeing doc but ill explain it to him. X

• Options

I don't see that he would refuse, I went to see my doc with a positive test straight after a miscarriage and it was the first thing they did!  And that was on the day I missed my period!  The GPs did the blood test with 2 days apart to see if levels were going up, and then I had to go to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital for a scan, just to check it was another pregnancy and nothing untoward following the miscarriage.  Fingers crossed for you, I know exactly how you feel with the waiting, it's rubbish!  Agree with MM, tell him you've taken today off cos you're stressed, this should spur them into action!  Try and relax a little bit (I know it's not easy and probably sounds really patronising, sorry!) and get talking your folic acid!  Let us know ASAP! x

• Options

Thanks ill defo lay it on thick. I dont think our gp does blood tests would have to see nurse or hospital. .....I so hope he is kind and caring and understanding of my situation I know im being over the top im just not sure I can go through it again or I al least want to know now instead of it just happening like last time had no warning x

• Options

Good luck boris!!! Keeping everything crossed for you!

• Options

Good news but I'd tell your GP you don't appreciate their receptionist telling you what your doctor will and won't do when, to the best of your knowledge, she had not undergone any medical training. I appreciate they learn along the way and give broad advice but it annoys me when they say things way out of their remit like that!

• Options

Me to I may have said trust me he will send me for one lol x

• Options

I agree Hollywood!

• Options

Thanks will do.....im working myself right up so just need to relax im acting as if its over already cos of the lack of symptoms x

• Options

Nothing else to add reall but I hope your appointment this afternoon goes well x

• Options

How did your appointment go?

• Options

It went really well thanks got such an understanding doc....he has sent me for full bloodwork done on wed booked me an appointment next mon to see him again to the discuss ifeearly scan is needed. He did say if it goes bad he will then refer me for full investigations as to why im losing.....I now feel so relieved. ....he wanted to take my blood pressure but as I was tearful he said no good. Lol feel great now I feel I can finally relax cos it it goes well fantastic if not he will investigate....I couldnt have been happier with what he said so over the moon. Thanks ladies x

• Options

Wonderful news.so glad you had an understanding GP who will look after you. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and you have a boring uneventful pregnancy xx

• Options

Glad the appointment went well. Sending you loads of sticky vibes for this one xx

• Options

Thanks ladies

• Options

thats fab news boris

FX that this has helped put things at ease for you x

• Options

That's a really good outcome Boris! Fx its a positive outcome for you! X

• Options

Glad it went well, sending you tons of sticky vibes xx