Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning/baby rice/cow's milk allergy advice

I tried P with some Aptamil baby rice this week mixed with her special cow's milk allergy milk (Nutramigen). She didnt take a lot at either sitting (did a bit for lunch Mon and Tues) but on both days she has been very grizzly and clingy for the whole afternoon. Now i thought it could be teething so today i didnt give any baby rice and she was happy as larry all day. I will try her on the rice again tomorrow but if she is unsettled again that to me points to it not agreeing with her? 

Now silly question alert but baby rice is just ground rice right?? There is nothing else on the ingredients list so why wouldnt it agree with a baby who has cows milk allergy?

Of course it could still be coincidence so i will do a bit more experimenting but does anyone have any experience or advice??

Thank you xx

Replies

• Options

I had started to wean F early on the advice of my GP and found he was getting very windy and had runnier stools so stopped again. He is also on Nutramigen AA and I wondered if his tummy was more sensitive than normal. It's a nightmare because as you say general grizzliness could be teething. F also had a virus in the middle of it so my head is all over the place trying to work out what to do!

• Options

If it is just rice, then there shouldn't be anything in it, but as it was an aptimal variety, I do wonder if it may have some of their formula added to it. I'd try with something else, such as fruit and leave the rice alone, or try a different brand.

• Options

Have you checked ingredients? A lot contain cows milk already.

• Options

Is it this one?

m.boots.com/.../Aptamil-4m-Organic-Baby-Rice-100g_1332154

If so it does look free of allergen,  however, the grizzles could generally just be not liking the feeling of solids in her tummy or the full feeing  its not uncommon when starting weaning I believe.

• Options

Thanks everyone.

Thanks LM yes thats the one. Nothing but rice on ingredients list. Today i gave her apple and she *really* cried for 10 mins about 1.5 hours after she had some and was then ok. Will try rice again tomorrow and see what happens.....x