Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Wednesday 1st tri

Hi all, Xsan went well yesterday, baby was waving its arms! I was surprised at how much it moved I thought it would just lie there. They moved me 8days on to 14 weeks, but this makes no sence with my dates so do I assume baby just measured big? And do I go by my date or theirs? If theirs I guess i move  to 2nd tri now! Hi to all who follow. 

Replies

• Options

Morning, I'm glad that the scan went well raincloud. Their date is the one written on the forms so I assume that is the 'official' one? Great that baby was moving around a lot.

Not much to report here, tummy is still bloated and I'm just counting down until Friday for our booking I in appointment so we can get the ball rolling on everything. I had a great nights sleep last night, although my h kept talking in his sleep and whispering in my ear! Something about choosing the blue one and not the green one and other stuff I couldn't make out!

• Options

Fabulous news about your scan RC. I agree with bunny in that it is your dating scan so that will probably be your new due date :) Congratulations!

Bunny - Yay for a great nights sleep and only two more sleeps until Fridays booking in appointment.

AFM - it is my half day today! Woooo! Hopefully I'll get a bit of housework done and get a nice casserole going in the slow cooker. Scan day tomorrow! I might actually believe I'm pregnant afterwards.

Hi to everyone who follows x

• Options

Hi everyone, argh I'm a bit scared posting here for the first time. I got my bfp on Sunday and think I am around 4.5 weeks so very early days. I have a docs appointment next Thursday to check me over and do some paperwork. Is this normal? I then need to see the midwife at 8 weeks, what will the difference be between these appointments? Symptom wise I don't have any, apart from a funny taste in my mouth. It just doesn't feel real!!

Looking forward to getting to keno you all more x

• Options

Morning all.

Raincloud - I'm pleased to hear all was well at the scan. As others have said, use the date they gave you at the scan.

Bunny - Not long to go until booking in now.

Ducky - Enjoy your half day, hope you get your housework done. A casserole sounds yummy!

MrsL - welcome and congratulations. With my GP Surgery I just had to ring up and book an appointment to see the midwife for around 7/8 weeks. That's what is called your booking in appointment where she'll go through form filling such as taking family history, weighing you, etc. Each surgery is different so it may be completely normal for you to have to see the GP first, try not to worry.

AFM, I'm really suffering from my late night last night. Had a great time (no readings for us unfortunately) but am now so tired and a bit lightheaded! Always something, eh? On a good note, only a week to wait before my acupuncture appointment. Booking in appointment is on Monday so I'll be glad to get that done and start the ball rolling.

• Options

Morning ladies!

RC - great news about your scan, must have been so exciting!! Dates baffle me too, I have very little knowledge in how it works!

Bunny - Not long to go now before friday. How many weeks are you? I have to wait until 10 weeks before I cqngo for my booking in appt.

Ducky - enjoy your half day!! One sleep to go!! Cant wait to hear about your scan xx

MrsL- firstly, congratulations and welcome to first tri!!  On my appt with the dr they didn't do very much, said congratulations, spoke about what I can and cant eat, what happens next, regarding seeing midwife and that was it. In my area you have to wait until you are 10 weeks before seeing the midwife.. feels like ages awsy!!

AFM - not much to report. Enjoyed my day off yesterday, I needes that rest! Only 2 more days of work then I'm off for 2 weeks!! Woo!! Planning on telling my parents tonight aboutthe pregnancy, they'll be over joyed im sure. We haven't told H's parents yet, I'm so nervous to tell them,  we temporarily live with them which makes things a little awkward.

Hi to all that follow :)

• Options

Sorry weather girl I missed you out!

Its a shame you didn't have any readings, it would have beenn intersting what they would say. I hope you're feeling better soon.

• Options

Oooooo busy busy this morning!

RC - great news about the scan. I would go by their dates, now you've been scanned :)

Bunny - oooo Friday will be here before you know it. Good work on the good sleep.

Ducky - I am SO excited for your scan, can't wait to see the Sprouts again.

Mrs L - Congratulations and welcome! I saw the doc at 5 weeks, then had my booking in appt with the midwife yesterday. Doctor basically wanted to see me to make sure I had enough folic acid (I have to have the stronger one) and to see which hospital we wanted. Bookin in appt was LOTS of forms!!

WG - all sounds very exciting! Good luck.

Boo - muchos jealous. I have no holiday until April! It's a killer.

AFM - I am knackered, I feel sick and I have no heating or hot water at home. My hormones are also insane this week, I am a grumpy person for grumpyville. Woe is me. I have decided I am just going to eat my way to happiness today!

Hi to all that follow x

• Options

Morning ladies,

raincloud: I'd go with their dates for the due date but obviously when a baby actually decides to come is very different to their due date!

Bunny: not long too booking in, exciting & glad you slept well

Ducky: nearly there! Don't forgot to post a pic so we can see them x

Mrs L: Welcome to the tri threads, it all seems a bit surreal doesn't it. As I put in your question before. My dr didn't want to see me at 6 weeks (not sure why they made me appointment) so went back at 8 weeks & all it was was weight, blood pressure (I think) & explaining that they'd pass my details onto the mw who'd be in touch by 10 weeks for the booking in. I remember being a bit disappointed that they didn't check I was pregnant (although the same at the booking in too!!)

WG: Hope you manage to catch up sleep tonight, acupuncture sounds interesting!

Boo: How exciting telling the folks, I think it'll feel more real the more people you tell. Are you off anywhere for your 2 weeks off?

Gavi: Doesn't sound like you're having a good morning. Hope all the food makes you feel better

AFM: Felt a bit queezy this morning sorting out food bin to put out which wasn't fun. I'm also so ravenous all the time! Especially the last 2 days when I've been working, will make sure I take a lot more food with me next week!

• Options

Thank you all for your replies. I have another question, after seeing the doctor or the midwife how quickly did you get your scan date through?

I'll do personals later in the week when I'm on my laptop and not my phone xx

• Options

My letters for both my midwife appt and scan came through at the same time - it is totally based on where you live as every trust is different. If you're seeing the midwife at 8 weeks, you may well get your scan date after that x

• Options

And BK, snacks are a must! I have a constant supply in my handbag!

• Options

Bunny - exciting about your booking in apt - it makes it all feel more real.

Duckie - yay to a half day! I hope your scan goes well tomorrow.

Mrs L - congratulations! My surgery only let me have an apt with the midwife at 8 weeks. I never saw a doctor, but I think it depends where you live. After my booking in apt at 8 weeks (8+5 actually!) I had my scan letter come through about 10-14 days later.

WG - have you had acupuncture before? What does it do for you?

Boo - I bet your parents will be so happy. I found it lovely to tell my news to people. I hope it goes well.

Gavi - tiredness and no heat/hot water is rubbish. Hope things improve soon.

BK - I always carry snacks now- nuts or dried fruit usually.

Well, I think this is my last day in 1st tri then, as at 14 weeks I am overdue on moving on! Hope things go well for you all and I hope to see you all in 2nd tri soon. x