Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

weekend 3rd tri

No third tri thread yet or have I missed it?

40+2 and nothing going on here except lots of Braxton hicks. Tried walking round the sales, a really hot curry and bouncing on my ball for hours yesterday but to no avail. Will be mainly doing the same again today!

Hope everyone has nice plans for today.

Replies

• Options

Penny, fingers crossed things get moving and loads of baby outs your way.

Afm, I'm ready too, have had a quiet word telling him he's allowed out now! Managed more than4 hours sleep last night so might have a wander round the shops today! Just don't like feeling in limbo.

Have a good weekend all xxx

• Options

Morning ladies,

Can I join you? I'm 28 weeks today, how did that happen??

Penny, hope things get moving fir you soon - did you get anything at the sales?

MrsPenguin, not long to go now, those last few weeks are just such a waiting game. Hope you get lots of lovely things at the sales x

• Options

Morning girls! Vibes coming your way big time, penny I've heard that braxtons are good and can be the start of it all?? Not sure if that's true or not

Another sleepless night for me, was woke up about 2am with either the placenta or heartbeat beating really loudly I could actually feel it through my tummy and I just couldn't sleep through it, so ended up on sofa, Im getting paranoid that I'm squashing the baby when I sleep and it wakes me up. I go to sleep on my left side with pillow between my legs and my belly is laying on the mattress etc but I still feel like I'm squashing it. So I turn over to my right side then five mins later I think oh no u could be cutting off the placenta so I wake up and turn again, that's without the SPD. Its just endless tossing and turning all night long!!!

Off to winter wonderland today to meet some friends, pretty sure I will be walking like john Wayne by the time we return x

• Options

Hi weekender, welcome to 3rd tri! How exciting!

NLH, that's why I can't sleep too, pootle is either kicking or can feel a really strong fast heartbeat which then makes mine race. Hope you have a lovely time today and aren't too tired to enjoy x

• Options

Hi weekender welcome to the 3rd tri x

• Options

Hello ladies,

Baby out vibes for Penny and Mrs P!

Yey welcome to third Tri weekender!

NLH - take it easy at winter wonderland. I know how you feel about not sleeping. Wake up all the time and turn over either because I think I'm squashing baby or something hurts generally. I can't wait to lie on my stomach again!

Afm - we are packing hospital bags and building the cot today. Im really excited. Then we are meeting friends for a curry tonight. I saw the midwife yesterday for a check up and all is good with the small one but I appear to have grown some sort of growth behind my belly button. She thinks it is a fibroid and is sending us to see a consultant in two weeks. It's the weirdest thing, I thought it was a finger or something poking out. Anyway that'll be good to find out what it actually is and hopefully it will be harmless. Other than that all is well.

• Options

Looks like my trip to winter wonderland is off. I've been sick constantly since around 11:00 and just can't seem to stop, so pissed off but no way I can do three trains up to London like this x

• Options
    Hi ladies, no news here, not much to report except LO seems healthier today but the husband is suffering now!
  • Options

Mrs P I hope your baby listens to you and gets a move on. Glad you got some sleep. Did you make it to the shops?

Welcome Weekender! Nope I didn't get anything at the sales except sore feet! Lol.

NLH I hope so! I know what you mean about squashing the baby but so long as you're not totally on your stomach I think any position within reason is ok and baby is well cushioned in there. As for sleeping on your left side, the senior midwife at my hospital said that although its an 'ideal' position, in reality it doesn't matter if you're on your left, right or back, so long as you and baby are comfortable. I've been on my right and back for a few weeks now as if I sleep on my left my spd gets a lot worse and the pain wakes me up if I try to turn over to the right which is my more comfortable side. Why not try a wedge pillow, I found mine really helpful for making me feel less like I'm squashing baby as it holds your bump up off the mattress. Sorry that your day had been ruined by sickness :-(

Thanks for the vibes LD! Hope you had fun building the cot today. Sending vibes that the growth is harmless.

Hey HF. Sending you lots of baby out vibes!

Just been for a (slow!) walk up to the high street and back for a late lunch with my H - was hoping to get baby moving, but nothing yet.

• Options
    Been awake for a bit with what I think might be early labour -could just be the Braxton hicks getting more painful? You wouldn't believe I'm a 2nd timer, would you!

Anyway just been downstairs to grab my phone, so I can time them! Might be back later....
  • Options

Morning all

Penny - baby out vibes to you!

Mrs P hope baby doesnt keep you waiting too long.

WE welcome to 3rd tri, nice to see you over here.

NLH hope the sickness has eased and you can enjoy your day.

LD you are very organised! Must be lovely getting everything sorted.

HF sounds promising, hope you are busy with contractions right now!

AFM - in bed whilst H tries to fix our boiler. really hoping its not broken! First the car now this :( Baby wise all good. Hoping to get the carpet for the nursery today and Ive giveb H a deadline of end of jan to get the nursery done. im such a nag at the moment ;)

• Options

Hi all,

On phone so cant do personals.

Hf - hope things are beginning!

We put the cotbed up yesterday so starting to get organised. I bought bottles and ordered breast pump adaptor. Pretty much all i have left to do is to pack hosp bags. Could be a long month!

Baby out vibes to those who need them

Ck x

• Options

Hi ladies, just crashing in to say HF I hope your currently busy with contractions! And Penny loaaaads of baby out out out vibes!!xx

• Options
    4mins apart and pool bring filled!!
  • Options

Eeeeek HF that's so exciting!! Can't wait to hear the news!!

• Options

Brilliant news HF, looking forward to the BA xxx

Penny, went to the sales but didn't buy anything, can't wait to do a 'normal' shop. Had the hottest curry ever last night but pootle just enjoyed it!

Off to see mum today for a roast, yum. Any movements yet? Xxx

• Options

HF, good luck!  exciting news!  can't wait for BA, hope it's not too long for you x

MrsP, a roast sounds amazing, I've been so stuffed with party food, takeaways, chocs etc that a roast with some veggies would go down well!

off to a friend's for lunch today, looking forward to it - not till half one though and i'm hungry now so having some roses to keep me going - oh christmas time!

• Options

Oooooh good luck horsefan, how exciting!

MrsP, Bubs just enjoyed the curry I had too. Stubborn little things ;-) Mmmm can I come to your mum's for lunch??

Weekender hope you have a lovely lunch.

No movement here. Had odd pains last night that I hoped would come to something, but nope :-(

• Options

So glad to see HF update, you next penny x