Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When to pack hospital bag? (sorry probably asked lots of times before)

When did you/will you pack yours?  I'm only 26 weeks, so i'm not planning on doing it now.  We're going on holiday in three weeks (ish) a couple of hours drive away from home, so i'll be 29 weeks on the way there and 30 on the way back.   Should i pack and take a hospital bag with me just in case?

Replies

• Options

We are going away this week, so when I get back I will be 30 weeks and will be packing my hospital bag.  I didn't do one last time until around 36 weeks, but having been admitted to hospital a few times already in this pregnancy I am trying to plan as though I am likely to be admitted IYSWIM.   I wouldn't bother packing one to take with you in your situation.

• Options

thanks jelly baby!

• Options

Bearing in mind S was very early I packed at about 26 weeks this time. Probably wouldn't bother packing before you go away in your boat as aside from maternity pads there's not much you'd need so early that you wouldn't already have in your holiday packing

• Options

I'm 36 weeks today and only sort of packed! If I went into labour now I'd just run around the house picking all the other bits up I guess but I have at least bought the essentials. Deciding on what clothes to take for baby is proving very hard, just like it is when I'm packing for a holiday!

• Options

I packed mine about 90% yesterday - I am 35+5 today

• Options

oh to add, we went away a few weeks ago when I was 32 weeks and I didn;t take anything but my notes.  I figured Wales had shops Laugh

• Options

I packed mine at 36 weeks, but i keep adding to it.

Like Morph, i went away for a week at 35 weeks and only took my notes with me, figured i was only a couple of hours from  home at worst.

I've been carrying my notes with me to and from work since 36 weeks as a precaution.  I finish up with work on Friday, and i will hopefully be getting the hospital bag list that i've been putting together sent on to Sarah to go onto the site for people to reference.

• Options

You're all right, i'll just take my notes.  To be fair, if bubs was born that early it would a) be spending a lot of time in hospital and b) none of the stuff i have would fit anyway!  I'll take notes and some breast pads and sani pads in case i get leakage at either end.  Thanks folks!