Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Woman at work spoiling my day! Bit of a rant

A woman who tends to work in our office on a Monday asked me this morning "what is your actual due date?" I replied and said that we're not telling people the actual date, but it's the end of June. She looked at me like I've got two heads, and declared that I'm "very odd" and then said "fine, I won't take an interest then" about as huffily as is humanly possible.

I know I shouldn't be bothered by her reaction, but it has really given me the rage. What business is it of hers what the actual date is? Baby is very unlikely to arrive on that date anyway. Surely it's up to me whether or not I want to share that information? Those who need to know it do, as far as everyone else is concerned we're just saying the end of June.

Grrr!!!

Replies

• Options

I could think of a million responses to her but none of them are polite.

Silly cow!

• Options

What an idiot! Some people are just bonkers!

• Options

Stupid bint!

• Options

I've spent the rest of the day ignoring her. It may not be my most mature reaction, but it's more professional than telling her to eff off and stick her steak bakes where the sun doesn't shine!

• Options

Trust me, by the sound of her - you don't want her taking an interest in you! That would annoy me too - I'd probably have spent the rest of the day coming up with sarky replies but not actually being brave enough to say any of them to her face....!

• Options

That does seem weird to get in the huff about it! I do the same, just tell people middle of October,  like you say, baby unlikely to arrive on actual due date anyway!