Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else have crazy dizzy spells?

Hello all!

I'm new here, just getting used to the idea that I'm pregnant (1st time) and there's a baby coming in Jan!  I'm dealing with the usual worries about miscarriage and everything that can possibly go wrong, but we heard the heartbeat a week ago so that helped a bit image

My worst symptom is dizziness. I'm 8w+4d and I've been off work since May 20 because of the extreme dizzy spells. Not a lot of nauseau or anything else, headaches from time to time, but the dizziness is so bad I can't drive, and some days just standing up for more than 5 minutes makes me feel weak. My gyno has extended my sick leave until the end of next week, but has also asked me to see my reg doctor to see if there are any other reasons for the dizziness, even though I've never felt this before.  I have high bp (been on meds for years) and a newly discovered "tired" thyroid, which I've been taking meds for for about 2 weeks  

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had extreme dizziness like this, with or without finding a non-pregnancy related cause?  I moved to a new country less than 2 years ago so any medical appointment is extra daunting given that I'm still learning the language and don't know the health care system as well as I'd like - although I'm lucky to be in a country with an excellent public health care system, at least from what I've seen so far.

Thanks in advance for any positive feedback!!