Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Chlyamidia & Infertility

hi guys ! I'm really starting to freak out .. so some back story i am 19 years old . And a few months ago my boyfriend of only a few months told me he was positive foe chlyamidia . we both got treated , I'd been having some light pain in my pelvic area so a few weeks ago I went back to my gyn and again tested positive , I'm guessing because we didn't wait , or go get checked again after being treated before having sex again. im not old enough for a pap yet but she did go in and check because I asked about being infertile because of it and she said everything felt fine . BUT these last few months I haven't been on my BC . I use the patch and ive been off of it since April/may .. I'd been on it though since having an abortion in July of last year. honestly I'm not against having a child right now. We're both steady in our jobs. He's 27 so everuthings good . I just worry so much that this has affected my chances of ttc and it breaks my heart . Any help , or personal stories would be greatly appreciated !

Replies

• Options

I had chlamydia for 3 years maybe even longer without even knowing about it until my partner came up with symptoms. I’ve now been with my partner for 10years and pregnant first attempt.

The main this is you’re both now clear of the infection, so try not to worry so much until you feel ready to start your family x