Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cheap tests? Are they reliable..

HI, a few weeks ago I started feeling symptoms of pregnancy but I have the implant in so I thought this was just a 'normal' side effect but I've had it in for 2 and half years And it's never been this bad.. So I ordered 2x tests from eBay for 99p. I took one at 4:30 last Wednesday It was negative. The next morning I took the other one it showed a faint positive. So i went out and bought a standard clear blue it was negative. I left it for 2 days and reordered more tests from eBay. They showed faint positive again so I went out and got 2 tescos test both negative. I went along to my local pregnancy clinic who tested me was negative my go has tested me and nrgative again. I have attached a picture of mt positive tests. No one is taking me seriously because of the implant. Can anyone help me Are this tests reliable? I don't even take periods on implant so wouldn't no dates etc..

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/127434.jpg

Replies

• Options

It's very strange to me they look positive.  I've had cheap oned which have been  accurate are definitely pregnancy and not ovulation tests ? I'd go to GP and ask for a blood test. Very strange

• Options

It is strange as they are most definitely positive!! I have heard that most internet cheapies are just as good as any others but also that occasionally you get a duff batch that give false positives. I'd be more inclined to trust boots/tesco/etc tests. But this must have been really confusing and upsetting for you - regardless of whether it's a wanted pregnancy or not. Hope you get some answers soon. Good luck xx

• Options

Often internet cheapies are very sensitive and reliable. Some you get on the high street or in the supermarket, including gp and pharmacy tests are not as sensitive. Can you get to a superdrug? Their own brand tests are sensitive. Clear blue digital with conception indicator are more sensitive than the clear blue digital normal ones.

Please let us know the outcome.