Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First visit to midwife be ????

Hi I'm 4 weeks and was wondering when everyone else can there first appointment for the midwifes. As I am under active thyroids and heard I need to be checked out regular. But when I rang up there said I should get a letter in the next 4 weeks For an appointment when I'm 10 weeks. Is this normal

Replies

• Options

Totally normal. You usually have your booking in appointment with the midwife between 7-10 weeks. Then you will have your dating scan booked from that at around 12 weeks. If you have medical issues then you'll probably be under consultant led care, which means regular visits to the hospital as well - the joys of pregnancy!

• Options

Ok thank you that has put my mind at ease. think once I have had my first appointment it will all feel real.

• Options

I had my 1st appointment at 8 weeks. They did a papsmear, took blood, and let me hear the babys heartbeat. At that appointment my babys heartbeat was 174 and I'm now 20 weeks pregnant and the hearbeat was 155 so don't worry if the heartbeat sounds really high! Best of luck 

• Options

Yeah I thought that's when my appointment would be around that time, not like 10 weeks. And because they have to be careful with me been underactive thyroids but the midwifes didn't seem bothered when I told her.