Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

happy vibes ☺️

im going to apologize in advance for the novel but .... February 2013 we went to find the gender of our our baby, but we ended up leaving with the worst news a parent to be could imagine, at 20 weeks our little angel no longer had a heartbeat. The babt had an extra chromosome and a side effect was a hole in the heart. they promised me that this was very unlikely to happen again. 

well here we are 1 year and a few months later i we finally conceived again !! image but as excited as i am i am terrified, i don't want this to happen again, any moms have a similar story and have a happy ending ? i need positive thoughts. 

Also so I have O negative blood so I have to get a rogahm shot also, anyone have any information on that ? Like do I have to get it sooner since this is my second pregnancy? is there any complications I need to worry about? i have so many questions and I'll drive myself crazy before my first appointment. 

thanks for reading !

Replies

• Options

Hey! I have negative blood too (this is my third pregnancy) withy first back in 2010 they gave a lot of small doses, with my last one they said they give you a higher dose now but less often (think I had two doses during my pregnancy then one after he was born) Its only because they can't tell if the baby has a neg or pos blood type until they are born and if the baby is positive and your blood mixes (After a bad bump or fall) your body will treat it as a desease and try fighting it Off. My girl had my blood type but my boy had my husbands and I had no trouble at all - even with falling down the stairs once and needing an extra dose at hospital... all was fine, apart from being terrified of needles!!! Its a lot more common than they make out. As for the heart condition, try not to stress out and worry yourself, this time it will be fine!!! My Hubbys cousin had exactly the same at their 20wk scan and had to choose to end the pregnancy as he wouldnt survive outside her body. It was devistating for her but she has a healthy little boy at home now. Good luck with the pregnamcy, and relax! xxx