Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Braxton hicks 31 weeks

I've been experiencing BH for about a week now, they seem to be getting more intense & more regular. Yesterday I had midwife appointment who told me to go to hospital to be checked over. I was hooked up to the monitor and you could visibly see my contractions coming and going some really strong. Doctor examined me and said that my womb was closed so it was unlikely to be the start of early labour. But today they just feel worse & ive been horrendously sick. Has anyone else felt like this? And because I'm nauseous and physically being sick should I go back to the hospital? I don't want to feel like I'm wasting the midwifes & doctors time if it is a normal thing to happen?

Replies

• Options

I'm 31 weeks and experiencing similar...well I was getting a lot of BH for the last weeks but now I've got period type pains too and lower back pain also. This is my 3rd baby and I remember a similar pattern when I went into labour with my 2nd. There is a debate over my due date as I had a mc prior to conceiving again but had no AF in between and our baby was measuring 34 weeks at a growth scan 2 weeks ago. For me I'm going to hold out going to the hospital until I know...and I know I will know when I'm definitely contracting but it's certainly worth you going back if you need some reassurance or clarification. 

• Options

Looks like we are in a similar position! :/  im going to try & hold off going back down, it's just so uncomfortable. my midwife said I was measuring a week bigger also. When you experienced BH with your second baby did you go into earlier labour or still around your due date? X

• Options

39 weeks. I had BH for 2 weeks prior and then at 39+1 literally over night I had period type pain and lower back ache.