Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Placenta Problems During Pregnancy

Does anybody here experience any problem with their placenta during pregnancy? I have a friend who has been diagnosed recently with Placenta Previa. I don't know the whole story yet coz it seems that she is not ready to talk about it. Is this really something serious? Did you or do you have any other issues with placenta? How did/do you deal with it?

Replies

• Options

Hiya I had a partial placenta praevia. It was picked up on 20week scan. 9/10 move sufficiently by birth as uterus stretches. I had re scan at 34 then 38 weeks and mine hadn't moved so ended up needing a cesarean.

• Options

ive had several problems with placenta including placenta praevia. lukily mine had moved up but was also anterior(on front wall of tummy) so was high bleed risk when i.had c section as they had to.cut through it to get to baby. its quite common. more likely to have bleeding too. they usually say to avoid sex and heavy lifting too. if it doesnt move and is completly blocking babys exit they will section x

• Options

Hi, I'm thankful that I have encountered such problems during my pregnancy. Anyway, If i'm correct this Placenta Previa prevents a normal delivery because it is a condition that is related to blocking the opening of the uterus. Yes, some issues like that happens. In case, you want to learn more about placenta and how it affects us. You may consider what I just read recently: You may try looking for this article about:  What Does a Placenta Do? It is  about the href="http://www.pregnancy-calendars.net/what-does-a-placenta-do">Functions and Roles Of The Placenta</a>. One of the few good reads that I found about pregnancy problems. It might help those with concerns.

• Options

RestBit, I also have read about that article. Perhaps, you are referring to this link: http://www.pregnancy-calendars.net/what-does-a-placenta-do  . It is all about the role of the placenta in relation to pregnancy.