Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hgc levels not rising with triplets

Hi guys, havnt posted in a while and just need some advice/support 

I recently found out I was pregnant after having a miscarriage in December. I had to have an early scan last Wednesday since I was having bad cramping, on my scan tbey found 3 sacs and they took it as an early pregnancy, as they couldn't see anything inside the sacs, (they estimated me at arojnd 5 weeks) They took my bloods and told me to come back Today (Monday) for more bloods to make sure they have doubled, My HCG levels on wednesday were nearly 39000 but today they have only risen another 280 in 5 days, I have anothe scan Wednesday to determine what is happening, I'm At a complete loss with myself, weird but has anyone ever heard of this? I was quite shocked when she said their is a possibility triplets would happen, sorry for rant and long post xxx 

Replies

• Options

I'm not sure about the Hcg maybe being so high early on it has slowed down but I don't really know. At least you don't have to wait to long for next scan. Wishing you luck x

• Options

Thank you Hun, I think I know deep down its not going to be all good news, they said that the little one might not make it as it was so small compared to the other 2, but they also said I could end up with 1 baby cause the pressure on my body, we shall see xxx