Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hair loss !!! 😩

Hey everyone, (sorry long moan) 

I'm 13 weeks pregnant an I've been having quite a bit of hair loss !!! 

When I was pregnant with my Son I had beautiful glossy locks but this pregnancy seems to be taking its toll on my hair an it's making me feel a little down.. 

Has anyone had this?? Did you found it settled down after certain point?? 

I have long blonde hair an I just feel like there is a constant dribble of hair falling out an don't even get me started on after washing it an when being brushed.. 🙄 Jeeeeeze I only wish it would have the same effect an make the hair on my legs fall out LoL!! 

I asked the midwife today at the hospital an she said she has had quite a few ladies with the same problem an it has settled down in time but I'm just worried at this rate il be bald by the time baby is born LoooooL!! 

I have an apt with the doctor tomorrow to take bloods an check thyroid an to check all my iron an vitinmin levels are ok. 

I know this sounds silly but could it possibly be the pregnacare max tablets I'm taking?? Maybe I'm overloading on a certain vitimin?? 

Well I decided to pop into Tony & Guy today an treat my self to treatment an trim in the hope will help strengthen it up a bit.. 

x x x

Replies

• Options

it's so strange what pregnancy does to a girl! When i was preggers, my hair stopped shedding on my head - i had the nastiest, uncontrollable hair, and a few weeks after my girl was born, the shedding was out of control - there was hair everywhere! 

I'm gonna guess it hormonal for you, and it should pass - wonder if you're having a girl as this is opposite to your pregnancy with a boy. 

Good luck with the tests today. 

• Options

Thanks for replying BobbieRae!! : ) 

Yes it's crazy what pregnancy does to you!! 

I got talking to one of the Mums at the School this morning an she said the same thing about it maybe being a girl... She said she had lovely hair with her 3 boys but very bad hair loss when pregnant with her girl.

Just got back from the doctors so hopfully will know a little more in a few days an plz God it settles down soon enough!! 

x x x 

• Options

Don't get me started - i had such greasy hair too - it was so gross and hideous dandruff too - you can imagine - i was not a pleasant sight! But i remember that it did pass, though the not shedding hair didn't pass until a few weeks post birth. Still it's nice you're treating yourself and getting your hair done! Every cloud! 

• Options

It's so nice to hace everyone on here to talk to.. LoL men just don't understand the "joys" of pregnancy we go through..

I will let you guys know how I get on an if my little flump turns out to be a boy or girl : ) 

x x x

• Options

Hey everyone, 

I just wanted to post an Update..

Everything turned out just fine with thyroid an hormone levels thank God!! But I still continue to have some hair loss an doctors & midwives have put it down to just one of those pregnancy things' 

I'm delighted to say yesterday I found out I'm having a girl!!!! 😊💗

I know alot of people may not necessarily believe in old wives tales... but for me alot of them rang true an my pregnancy was totally different from when I was pregnant with my Son. x x x

• Options

I am losing tons of hair. So much so that I decided to have cut off (like bowl http://hairstylezz.com/best-bowl-cut-hairstyles/ )! When the stylist was parting my hair she ran her hands through and had a bunch of my hair stuck to her fingers, this is after I had taken a shower and she rewashed and conditioned my hair.

I have been hypothyroid for quite a few years and being pregnant has screwed with my hormones a bit. I have had my thyroid medication adjusted twice already so I just assumed that is the cause. I also have a rash in my armpits from the hormone disturbance. Fun!

I don't really have any suggestions except maybe talking to an endocrinologist about your thyroid hormones. I am really, really happy that I decided to cut my hair - it is so much easier to make it look full now that it is shorter. And congrats on your baby :)