Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant and so nervous

HI everyone,

I'm new on here and just wanted a bit of advice.

i first got pregnant nearly 2 years ago, and was so excited but sadly it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy, we carried on trying and nothing happened, so we were in the process of going through tests to check I am ok (fiancé has kids from a previous relationship ) but on Sunday evening I did a test and I am pregnant! I'm so happy but also so scared, I can't let myself get excited and I am testing everyday and whenever I go to the loo I am expecting to see blood on the tissue. 

has anyone had a sim experience at all?

Thank you 😊

Replies

• Options

Hi bridges,

i understand your fears! My first 2 pregnancies ended in miscarriage. But I now have a beautiful 10month old baby boy! I was so scared through the whole pregnancy but we eventually got our beautiful baby. 

Just remember... Research shows that having 1 miscarriage does not increase your risk at all of having a mc with this pregnancy.... So you have a high chance that everything will go perfectly with this pregnancy. 

Thwre is a great thread on here called 'trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage' (I think they're on part 9now)... You should take a look & join that... Lots of lovely ladies and who are going through similar things & will support you on your journey.

good luck!!

• Options

What you are experiencing is perfectly normal no matter how many times you have been pregnant nor how many children you have. It is maternal instinct kicking in from day 1, you worry about that growing bean, is it healthy, are you doing your best for it, how can you protect it...

Try & relax, every pregnancy truly is different & what happened in your first may not necessarily happen again. I have had a miscarriage, I have two healthy girls & am now 19 + 3 with twins, I have worried each & every time  (Eldest I had no symptoms, Youngest I was bleeding the whole of the first trimester, this time I am high risk with more than one...) 

Best wishes for a happy & healthy 9mths