Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First pregnancy worries

Hi, I'm 19, I'll be 20 when the baby is born.  Me and my boyfriend who I live with have recently found out I'm pregnant I'm 7 weeks now, my first midwife appointment is tomorrow. It took a while for my boyfriend to come around so that was a worry, but now that he's a lot more excited I'm now worrying about miscarriage. I'm completely petrified I'm going to lose the baby and its playing on my mind all the time. I have Crohn's disease and have been through a lot with that so I think I'm used to the bad news and bad medical situations, but I am currently healthy. I've only joined here today so sorry if this isn't how the threads Work but just wanted to know if anyone else has worried so much about this? Thank you for any help. 

Replies

• Options

Hey, congratulations!

I am 20yrs and four weeks pregnant and I am so scared of loosing my baby or it not developing properly, I thought I was much further along and I had a scan today. My baby doesn't even have a heart beat yet as it's getting ready to grow hopefully everything will be fine. As soon as I'm enough weeks I am going to buy a heart monitor so I can hear the baby, think it will definitely put my mind at ease. I think it is normal for some people to be concerned about their baby. Hopefully when you have your scan tomorrow the midwife can put your mind at ease at bit. But yeah I definitely get what you are saying,

J xxx

• Options

Hi Ladies.

Whether your first or subsequent pregnancy what you are feeling is perfectly normal, it's a part of hormones preparing you for parenthood (you never stop worrying about your children). You'll feel nervous that something will be wrong until the dating scan shows a healthy baby on screen, then you'll worry your next scan will find something wrong, you'll worry your bump is too big/small, you'll worry you aren't feeling movements early enough, you'll worry about buying things (have you got everything you need), you'll worry about giving birth & bringing baby home for the first time...

I have 2 girls at home & am currently 24wks with twins, each pregnancy has given me something to worry about but I have carried 2 to 41wks & have no real problems with this one (both are kicking away as I write). Try to enjoy the rest of your 9mths (they may not always feel it but they do go quick). X

• Options

I have crohns too are you on treatment for it? don't worry I worry all the time too I think anxiety is linked with crohns too

• Options

I'm not currently on treatment I had my colostomy bag reversed in September, since having my bag off I've not needed treatment. I do actually have anxiety which is probably the main reason I'm panicking haha .. Thank you everyone! X