Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight Gain during pregnancy

Hi All.

I'm only 5 weeks pregnant, But already I feel so big and fat?!. I'm currently only a size 8 and I doubt my body has changed much already but I think its something mentally making me feel so big and gross? has this happened to anyone else? since I've found I was pregnant all i've been obsessing over is how much weight I will put on, Which cant be healthy as I have other things that are more important to think about!. I'm wondering if anyone has had this and if it passes with time.image

Replies

• Options

I was around 4 or 5 weeks pregnant this time last year and I felt exactly the same. before pregnancy I was a wee tiny Size 6 or 8 however by Xmas (just before we announced) I'd already had some people asking if I was pregnant. It made me feel so big.. and looking back yes I had put on weight but I was still little. 

By week 35 I had put on 3 and a half stone and I was loving my curves which was the last feeling I thought I'd have towards  growing body. I think once I had my bump showing and we had announced it didn't bother me one bit. Personally I felt that before we announced our pregnancy I thought people would be judging me by the weight I was putting on but once everyone knew I was pregnant these thoughts in my head disappeared. 

after having baby in June I'm now a size 10/12, it took 9 months for my body to create my little girl and at least double that until I'll be thinking of my pre baby body. 

Xx

• Options

Its quite common to gain weight during pregnancy. Your body will be asking foe more nutrients than usual and you should provide. Also hormonal changes will affect weight gain.