Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Antibiotics?

hi everyone I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and on the 17th November I had my first meeting with the midwife (almost 2 weeks ago) whilst there she ran some tests and noticed there was a problem with my urine, she did say there is normally symptoms and things that make up a UTI but it was strange because I did not have symptoms and didnt have everything that made up a UTI (only something called night traits or something that sounded like that) however she decided to ring my GP anyway to see would he like to start me on some antibiotics. I did not get round to contacting the doctor until the 19th November and he did prescribe me some antibiotics. I started them and went into town to shop with my partner that day and I became so ill! I couldn't stand walking around and we went to get some food and I could barely eat it. I havent had any sickness like this before I took them or since the last time, i hoped the infection would shift since I was told it wasn't very bad but now I'm really worried I may have caused problems by not taking them can anyone help me out? 😭 Please I don't want any giving off I feel like I've done so wrong now and I'm just very concerned so any help is wanted :( I don't feel very pregnant either which may be another reason I'm worrying so much thanks in advance ladies ❤️

Replies

• Options

UTIs are very common during pregnancy. As long as you are drinking plenty of water you will help flush it through your system. Try not to worry. X

• Options

Thank you so much I have been drinking plenty of water I'm not too fond of anything else that's calmed me down Now!☺️ I bought cranber juice yesterday is it okay to drink? Xx