Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Which Pram???

I had chosen the quinny buzz coz i thot it was very stylish and modern I have ordered the carrycot, buggy and car seat but I am now a wee bit unsure if I have been practical and am worried I might regret it.

If u knew me u wud all know how indecisive I am and even when I FINALLY make a decision a constantly question whether its the right one!! My oh aint much use coz he jus goes wit the flow!

My other option was the M+P pliko pram- simply coz it looks like it folds a bit flatter- we have just changed our car to a 7 seater and the boot isn't overly big wit all seats in (which we need)

Does any1 have pliko/quinny??? Help

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, I've bought a Quinny Buzz too after much deliberation - taking it apart, putting it back together, trying it in the car to make sure it fits, etc etc so we took the plunge.
    I have not bothered with the carrycot as I couldn't see that I would use it very often but can always get it after if I want to.
    The maxi cosi car seat to fit it has been in the back of the car for a couple of weeks now - 15 (ish!) days to go til we can fill it with baby! Yay!
    It seems to be popular at the mo as 3 of my friends have just bought them too!

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev281pr___.png

• Options
    I am massively indecisive too - so much so, that after hours and hours of research, I have yet to make a decision on which pram/travel system to buy. I haven't bought anything really, because I can't decide where and which patterns/brands/styles to buy (and I am including things like changing mats!!). All I can say is that the Quinny looks fab, and congratulations on making a decision!!
  • Options
    Hiya

We have finally decided on the pilko + prametter. This has taken me a long time to decide!! we were going for the bigger version of the mamas and papas but thought it was too bulky. The pilko is so light weight and does fold down. You can convert it to the carrycot mode too without having to take it apart first! which i do like!
    I personally prefer the pilko to quinny but everyone is different!!! I am very indecisive too and my OH has been getting annoyed as i always find some fault with things but i have decided on this pram and thats final!! LOL
  • Options
    We've just ordered the Silver Cross Sleepover deluxe which is a travel system - seemed very high quality, sturdy, easy to use - and costs about ??550 with the car seat. I wanted one of these really becuase I like the heritage behind them but the Quinny Buzz is very funky & popular at the moment - did you go to a store & try it out? We went to John Lewis who stock all the best sellers and tried them all out with the help of an assistant xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/KmfHp1/.png

• Options
    Blimey yum Yum ur so organised!!! im 34+4 weeks and not ordered it yet still!!!! will do this week tho!! xx
  • Options
    We have got the Silver Cross 3D - it's a bit like the M&P pramette but with a nicer liner and proper mattress
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the new Bugaboo Bee and Silvercross Dazzle in the new John Lewis book? Just wondered what you all thought of them.
  • Options
    I had the m+p pramette with last baby, it was really stylish and lovely to push but they are quite bulky when folded down.

Quinny looks good but very expensive, toys r us do one thats smaller when folded down and comes complete with raincovers (for both carrycot and seat unit) carrycot changing bag all for ??299.
  • Options
    I've got the Buzz and I love it!! I bought the carry cot and car seat too and it looks fab when it's up!! It's easy to fold and manouvre and fits into the boot of my MINI which must be one of the smallest car boots in the world!! The only downside is that the carry cot is really small and narrow, Poppy is only 2 weeks old and I can't see it fitting her for much longer than a couple of months comfortably. Having said that, if you aren't planning on keeping it for another baby later on, they fetch good money second hand on e bay!
    Happy decision making!
    Donna & Poppy (14 days old today!)
  • Options
    We liked quinny too,. Whats it like for storage? i thought it looked a bit small but apparently they have a new bag for it now which fits under it and is bigger.
  • Options
    We have got the Silver Cross 3D - it's a bit like the M&P pramette but with a nicer liner and proper mattress

Same. It seems to do everything I need it to do. image
  • Options

Same. It seems to do everything I need it to do. image

I love it! Got it the other week and can't stop playing with it - I want baby NOW so I can use it properly :lol:
  • Options
    hi, i had few different buggies with my 15 month daughter and must say my favourite is my buzz!! its nice 2 push, folds easy and cleans well. the only down side is shopping basket isn't very big x x but my m&p would be close 2nd!!
  • Options
    We've ordered the M&P pramette in polka.x
  • Options
    I really love the look of the Quinny buzz and it was the first pushchair I was drawn too, however when we went to look at them I found that it was quite heavy and I struggled to be able to lift it (I am such a little weakling!!) so we have decided on a Bugaboo Cameleon instead.

Donnasmullen - we also have a Mini and I didn't think that the Quinny would fit in the boot just from the look of it. Do you have a convertible or hardtop? And do you have to take the wheels off or anything for it to fit in or does it all go in easily?
  • Options
    I have the Quinny Buzz with all the accessories & Maxi Cosi car seat...

Living in Bangkok I had to choose from what's available here and we obviously wanted a travel system which is legal in the UK. I'd actually chosen the Quinny Zap because its TINY which is great for all the travelling we do. I'll probably end up with a second hand Zap at some point as they are so handy.

I asked my parents to get me the prices from lots of shops in the UK so I could compare them and then had an email to tell me they'd been out and bought the Buzz from a seller on Ebay. I haven't tested it yet as its in the UK and won't get it until LO is about 6 weeks old as we decided to make do before our first trip home. After reading all your gushing reports I can't wait to get my hands on it now, even if I have got to have the baby and endure a 12 hour flight home first LOL!

Jo
  • Options
    Hi Mrs AJ, I have a hardtop MINI, you can only just get a couple of shopping bags in the boot of a convertible one!! I only need to remove the parcel shelf and it fits in fine, nothing much else will fit in the boot though with it in! I think if you took the wheels off too (which is really easy to do) there may be more room. I love the pram and despite having had a section I find it very easy to move about and also to lift in and out the house.
    I didn't even bother looking at other prams as my boss had told me the Buzz would fit in my car so I think he saved me a lot of searching!
  • Options
    Bugaoo Bee - I love the sound of it! It is already out in the Us and so I did a google search for reviews of it. The reviews I have read from the US are excellent. It is lighter than the Cameleon, folds down smaller, is cheaper and seems to be more of a city pram/pushchair than the Cameleon. I would love one. What puts me off slightly is that there isn't a definite date that the system and the accessories (you need a baby nest for a newborn to go with it) will be available in the UK. The john Lewis catalogue is saying that it will be available in December or January. Our baby is due on 7th January, and I don't have absolute confidence that it and the nest would be available in time, given that you'd have to order it and have it delievered. And if it wasn't ready, then you could be stuck!

If I was having one, I'd have the deep khaki!

What does everyone else think?
  • Options
    The Loola system is winning for me so far. It can come as a travel system and the pushchair can face you which ruled a lot of others out for me. Also nice and neat when folded.
  • Options
    The Loola system is winning for me so far. It can come as a travel system and the pushchair can face you which ruled a lot of others out for me. Also nice and neat when folded.