Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I at a higher risk?

Hi all!!! Well i should be over the moon and constantly excited, but all I seem to be doing is worrying because of things I have been told. I think I am only 5 weeks pregnant, maximum, but don't know for sure due to getting pregnant straight after coming off the pill, very lucky! But this is whats worrying me. People have said that those that get pregnant straight after coming off the pill are at a higher risk of miscarriage, is this true? I just want to get on with being happy and enjoying my time being pregnant, but am wishing my weeks away just to get to 12 weeks so can see my little bean and make sure it's all healthy!

Thanks
:\)

Replies

• Options
    Hi and congratulations!
    Don't worry about it I came off the pill and got pregnant straight away and everything has been fine with me and my baby.
    xxx

33+3
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry, Sadly MC's happen for all sorts of reasons, and most of the time no one knows why, but I think that it is easy to blame something like just having come of the pill (or having been on a long flight, eating salmon, pushing too hard on the loo, etc - the list is endless), even though in reality it was probably just one of those things, and would have happened anyway.

There are loads of scare stories out there, and if you believed them all you'd spend the whole 9 months in bed (and that wouldn't stop you MC'ing - if it was going to happen).

Also, it's totally normal to worry, all the way through preg - but the worry is so much more intense in the first 12 weeks. You will feel loads better after your scan!

Try to put the worry to the back of your mind, and just enjoy being pregnant!

Nx
    36+1
  • Options
    i wouldn't worry about it to much (although easier said than done) i got pregnant when i was ON the pill and i am now 35 weeks, so dont think the pill would cause a miscarrige, you can aso book in for a private scan if you are worried too much image
  • Options

no, definately no link at all x