Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is this Labour?! :-D

Hi Ladies!!

Am 38 weeks today, got tummy ache like a period pain at 6.15 am this morning, quite painful but not too bad, feels like a period pain. Had a ferw tightnings in my tummy, and got OH to feel them. He said he can definatly feel my tummy tightning and relaxing again. The tightnings come so randomly!! Maybe 1 or 2 an hour, then maybe 5?! Theres certainly no pattern. Now tummy ache has wore off this afternoon, but keep creeping back and going again. Also have a bit of a back ache, its just under my bra on left right side. Have felt LO move today. Also went for a number two (sos if tmi) and it was soft. Not loose, but its not normally like that.

Does this sound like this could be it for me? Has anyones labour started like this?

Thanks Girls!!

Garfield
38+0

XXXXXXXXXXx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

Didnt want to read and run. i am afraid i have never been in labour so couldnt help you on that one. But i have seen midwife today and asked her as i am getting the same. but i am only 34+5. She said if it is irregular then it is not labour. Mine have been having the same irregular pattern as yours. she said its coz the cervix is getting ready, hence the period type pain and baby is getting lower and ready to come. It could be that its not labour but that real soon it will be.

But as i say i am no expert as have never been in labour. if you are concerned you could always call maternity unit or midwife for advice.

Good luck. Hope baby comes real soon though.

kate 34+5
    xxxx
  • Options
    hi, before i was induced when i had my daughter i had to stay in hospital and i kept getting tightning like you have described and it wasn't regular at all, just every now and then, and the midwives kept telling me to walk around to see if i would go into labour naturally but although the pain and tightning did get a little worse i still ended up getting induced a couple of days later. i was only 36 weeks when this started and then was induced at exactly 37 weeks. It could be the start but it may be your body getting ready for when it does happen, i think thats what mine was because my daughter was certainly ready to be born even though i was only 37 weeks.
    http://b2.lilypie.com/j2jmp1/.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/d9vlp1/.png

• Options
    Why did you need to be induced so early? Was it due to the pain you were getting? Its getting slightly worse and I dont know what to do!! I'm not going to hospital yet, NO WAY!! But the stomach pains.................my god!!

XX
  • Options
    bh really aren't meant to be painful. just uncomfortable. if its getting worse i would defo say call maternity and get some advice. it could be that it has started if thats the case.

how exciting if it has. you could be holding your baby in next few days.

xxxx
  • Options
    Ooh! How exciting.

Best bet would be to ring your midwife, I think. Sounds promising though!

I never thought I'd be jealous of someone in pain :lol:

Good luck hon, let us know!

Jem 37+4
  • Options
    it sounds promising my first was period like pains and they say bowel movements before labour happen too good luck x