Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When to buy stuff?!!

Hi people,

I'm 28weeks now and haven't really bought anything yet (accept for clothes). I was wondering when everyone else bought the main bulk of stuff. I've decided on what furniture and buggy to get... we just need to clear the space to put it all! x;\)

Replies

• Options
    Hi Jennie, i have my travel-system pram bought and loads of clothes but as we dont know the sex im not going to buy anymore as they are all lemon or white. Im going to wait another month until im 7 months to order anything else, we are going for a crib instead of a moses basket as they swing and last longer and a few other things. What have you in mind to buy?
  • Options
    Hiya jennie, I ordered my travel system a while back but not having it delivered until september, Bought a swinging crib about a month back as it was a bargain at ??10! Otherwise I've got lots of clothes and stuff, but furniture for nursery i wont get until ive moved into my house end of august x
  • Options
    Hi Jennie
    I'm 23+3, OH mum bought us a travel system a few weeks ago as it was half price so too good an opportunity to miss. We've also had a moses basket given but other than that I've started to get some stuff this week - OH is working away and I'm bored so have been surfing the net looking for bargains. I've bought a cot that is in perfect condition from ebay for ??4.99 - what a bargain - I'm buying a brand new mattress for it though. Have also ordered curtains, lampshade, bedding etc this week. Best advice is to start looking around for bargains but not to worry about getting everything all at once.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    hi ya im in the same boat as you! im 21 weeks pregnant and dont have a clue when to start gettin my stuff!!
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks and other than clothes and the odd toy, we have only bought our buggy/car seat stuff a couple of weeks ago - but it was at a very good price, and we wont have it delivered for a while! We are hopefully borrowing a moses basket so may end up picking that up next weekend, but as for everythign else - unless we find a bargain we will leave it till the nursery is ready!! We are working on that now, and won't have much space while we clear out the box room and shift hte computers and random stuff into there!! We aren't even thinking about the knocking down of the bit of wall and the decorating until after our wedding in Sept!! So i figure I'll be around 7-8 months when we end up buying the cot and possibly some furniture!
  • Options
    hi jennie
    i'm 31 weeks now and i've started buing thigs from the first day i had a positive test and now i think i have everything ready for the first few months becouse we are on one salary and i was thinking its a good idea to buy things slowly every week something and i think i'm done with the shopping
  • Options
    Hello, I started buying big things, At around 20 week , just after my scan, U can start & buy when ever u like, My mate started buying when she was 12 week, i thought that was 2 early but she wanted 2, So it is entirly up 2 the individural.
  • Options
    I'm just coming up to 30 weeks now. We bought the travel system about 3 weeks ago. I've just ordered the nursery furniture and a few other things. Beginning to think seriously about getting stuff now. But up until now, we hadn't really bought anything - family & friends were taking care of that for us!
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies people! I decided to take the plunge yesterday and ordered all the nursery furniture and the travel system... cant wait for it to arrive!! It'll be good to have somewhere to hang all baby's clothes! The little weeny coat hangers are soooo cute! x
  • Options
    I just need a travel system now image
  • Options
    Sazzy-Jay

The Quinny Buzz travel system is great folds up the smallest and after testing loads was my favourite by far, just hoping to confirm mine today.
  • Options
    Will it fit in a Mini??? LOL xx
  • Options
    Your mini might fit in the quinny buzz LOL. I love the mini car if you take your car to the shop they will let you test putting the travel system stuff in to it. What you can then do is drive off in your nippy mini as fast as you can when you've got it all in there LOL.
  • Options
    LOL!!!!!
  • Options
    Hi there - sorry to gatecrash but I bought the Quinny Buzz too cos my boss told me it was the only one that would fit easily into the tiny, near on useless boot of a MINI!! I bought it without checking but as soon as it arrived last week I tried it and lo and behold - it fits!!!! Looks very funky too!! You need a funky pram with a funky car!
  • Options
    Woo Hooo!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    What sort of MINI have you got?? I think they're fab - I supposed I'm a bit biased seen as I work for them!
  • Options
    just the Cooper. I love my lil baby. I wanted one for years so last year we treated me to one image
  • Options
    Cool! they're really nippy and such good fun to drive!! Did you go for a sensible colour or a wacky one??!! I've got a Laser Blue Cooper S and I love it!!
  • Options
    I just got a black one with the intention of getting a nice grey decal on the top but never got round to it. I was going for the cooper s but was too young to insure it at the time as I've only been driving just over 2 years xx