Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Having a wobble today

Morning all

Just having a worry today that's all and need to write it all down.

I'm getting myself worked up about missed miscarriages. I kept telling myself I'm ok and Angus is ok, but now I've read online that some pregnancy symptoms continue after a MMC. I'm still being sick (1-2 times per day) and feeling sick, my boobs are still sore and I'm exhausted too. Lately, I've still had a few stomach cramps and niggles, stretches etc. but not masses.

I really hope my worries are nothing, but I can't help thinking that something has gone wrong again. It doesn't help with waiting for my scan date to come through - I still don't know it.

We had our early scan at 7+4 and saw the heart beating away.

But I can't seem to shake the feeling today (and every now and again I think it) that something has gone wrong.

Also, people keep telling me I "look really well" - like at 10-11 weeks pregnant they expect me to look like shit? Or it could be because I have lost weight in my face through being sick so much?

bluerrgh I hate worrying!!!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Joo don't worry you and bean will be fine!

Did you get all booked in with the midwives yet? I've switched over to the Aldershot team now, they all seem really nice so you are in good hands, and i cannot recommend Frimley Park enough, i had the best experience.

It's natural to worry, but your scan will be here before you know it xxx
  • Options
    Ah Joo, try not to worry !

I have to say i was exactly the same as you, right up until I saw baby bean kicking away on screen (and I actually thought they had left a picture up of someone elses baby, the scanner had to tell me it was mine) so I can totally understand how you are feeling.

As SB said there is nothing we can say that will make you feel better but try to relax, once you see the heartbeat the risk of mc is greatly reduced ! I'm sure Angus is fine and having a lovely little swim around in there !

Have you tried ringing the scanning dept yourself to see if you can book your own appointment ?

MrsW

13+4
  • Options
    I know that nothing will take away the worry, but I did find that positive stories helped me to get into a more positive frame of mind at least temporarily, so take comfort from everyone's replies. I cried all the way to my first scan I was so worried it would reveal a mmc - and then I cried all the way through it and all the way home because there our little bean was, wriggling away.

We all understand what you're going through and down days are normal - you feeling this way doesn't mean anything sinister. Not long to wait now, sit tight and think positive. xx

30+6
  • Options
    Hiya hun..i can totally understand where your coming from, im up and down at the minute...my scans 2day and its sent me into worry overdrive..id been feeling so positive the past few days too!!!

Im sure everything is fine, and in a couple weeks ul see bubs, hhmmmi think i need to start taking my own advice lol!!!

Anyways hun, chin up, keep positive, everything will be fine xxxx
  • Options
    aaw Joo, you know i was having exactly the same wobble the other day, but i have put myself in a positive frame of mind (and prayed everyday!!) and i`m sure we will be ok, i know it sounds awful but i am staying clear of the miscarriage stories, not that i dont want to support the women its happening to but just because they fill me with worry.

Nina xx
  • Options
    Thank you everyone, its so kind of you to post - you must get fed up of people worrying sometimes surely! Well you'll have to steal my laptop to get rid of me and my worrying - LOL!!!

Mrs Mog, yep hubby is 30 two days before our bean is due!

Mrs Weir, I tried calling the community midwife team tonight about my scan but they close at 3.30pm! Going to try tomorrow and tell them work pressures are getting on top of me and I need to sort my diary out!

JamDonut, yes finally saw A midwife on Tuesday last week... I say A midwife as she left on Thursday so I still don't officially have one! Glad to hear of your good reports about Frimley tho!!!

Thanks so much again everyone, I know everything you are saying makes sense. Just the waiting is hard and I am just so desperate to know Angus is ok.

xxxxxxxxxx