Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fathers work rights

I posted last week as hubby was having problems with his boss for him taking time out to take me to hospital, they sorted this out and everything seems fine, but I am getting myself really worried about how things are going to be when baby arrives!! Now if baby is good and arrives on time then hubby will take his paternity leave and then 2 weeks holiday!! But as the docs think I only have a few weeks left this leaves us in a pickle!! If baby is born early then he/she will be in hospital for a number of weeks and I am having a c section so won't be able to drive myself to the hospital etc, so I will need hubby to be off, but I'd like him to take his paternity leave when baby is home. His holiday year doesn't start till April and he has none left for this year as we got married last year so all our holiday went on the wedding and honeymoon!!

Is hubby entitled to anything if baby is in hospital?? Maybe even flexible working hours or half pay!! I thought his boss would be understanding over this but the other day when he spoke to his boss and told her that if I went into labour when he was due to have a meeting then he would be missing it and her response was "well the birth only lasts a few hours"!!!!

I am so worried about everything!! Xxxxx

Replies