Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone had to go to the epu?

had to go to hospital last night. have been aching since monday and yesterday i started having cramps and spotting, the spotting stopped but the cramps continued. i had every test going, blood, urine, internal the lot.the doctor said everything felt fine and everything was were it should be and my cervix was long and closed and fine but she said it could be a threatened miscarraige and the early pregnancy unit will see me and give me a scan (havent had one yet and wont till 18 weeks) i just wondered if anyone else had had this and how long it could take for me to go for a scan? everything seems to have stopped now but im still worried

carly
15+5

Replies

• Options
    the epu is gonna ring me either today or tomorrow, it was 6.45 when i was seen so it was shut to 'none emergencies' but im more worried cos this is the 4th time ive bled so far and with the cramps as well. the doc seemed positive tho but im sat here waiting and pauls had to go to work and i know it'll be doing his head in waiting.

carly
  • Options
    ive been to the epu on both of my pregnancies,first pregnancy i was having really bad pains and that turned out fine and on this pregnancy i started bleeding when i was 7 weeks so the doctor got my a appoinment for the next day and everything is ok,i know easier said than done but try and not worry and relax

sarah
    xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png

• Options
    I had to go to the early pregnancy clinic because i had the coil in place when i became pregnant and they got me an apointment in 2 days.
    Hope they get you in quick and all is well with the little one x
  • Options
    I went twice - once at 10 weeks, when i started bleeding, they did the 12 week scan 2 weeks early - and that was a couple of days waiting around. I think I went to he doctor on the Friday, and had my scan on the Monday, but everythign was fine. they said something about bleeding from the placenta.

Then at 14 weeks, I had more bleeding this time a lot more. Unfortunately it was he Thursday before easter, so everything was going to be shut on the Friday and Monday. I went to my GP on the Thursday afternoon, and she tried to find the heartbeat but couldn't find it. She then rang the EPU and they said they couldn't scan me until the Tuesday. I was completely heartbroken and started crying - I think my husband was pretty close too! Anyway the EPU suggested I came up, and they would see if they could find the heartbeat, to put my mind at rest, so we went up right away, and they found it immediately. The stupid GP had been looking in completely the wrong place. That time they said it was probably a post-coital bleed, just from the cervix, as we had had sex the night before. They just told me to rest and not ahve sex for 2 weeks, and I'd be fine.

So here I am, 33 weeks now, and so far so good!

So, the moral of the story - you might bleed a couple of times, but it doesn't necesarily mean anything bad is happeneing. Just hodl on tight love, and good luck xxxxx
  • Options
    I went to A&E when I started bleeding at 8 weeks, all they did were take my bloods.

I had to wait 1 week to have a scan in the epu, which I thought was too long to wait because I was still bleeding and I just needed to know.

I booked a private scan with the leeds screening centre for ??70 and it was so worth it to find out everything was ok, we even got to hear the heartbeat (something not every NHS hospital does)

I kept my appointment at the epu too, and used this as my dating scan.

I hope everything turns out well for you.

Sarah 23+4 x
  • Options
    was that at the lgi? im off to dewsbury. wheres the screeniing centre?

carly
  • Options
    hi

i had really bad bleeding i mean sheets etc were soaked.

went to docs had epu following day,everything was fine,found out i was 14 weeks with twins.im now almost 20weeks and alls well.

so good luck xx
  • Options

Heya ladies I was wondering if you could help me I meant  to come on my period thursday no sine on Friday I meant to come on no sine so I done a pregnancy test yestday is came up with a faint line and a red line 

Today when I woken up I had small amount of bleeding but not alot but at 20:17' at niyht I have stopped 

Don't know what to do and was it implantation or what please help