Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early pregnancy scan Scotland?

Hi ladies!

I'm currently 5+4 after an early miscarriage last month so am naturally feeling a bit worried but quite positive for this pregnancy at the same time! Hubby and I have been thinking about early scans probably at about 8 weeks for a bit of piece of mind to see that baby is where it's meant to be and hopefully a heartbeat! I wondered what general thoughts are on early scans as I've read some things online about too much ultrasounds being harmful and I obviously wouldn't want to do anything that could jeopardise the baby's health. Also - for those of you in Scotland where would you recommend? Any help would be great! Thanks in advance imagex

Replies

• Options

A early scan wouldn't harm you or baby because you would only be early it would be a vaginal scan but wouldn't effect your pregnancy in anyway other wise they wouldn't offer early scans

• Options

Where in Scotland are you? X

• Options

I'm in Fife xx

• Options

There is a place in Dundee, cant remember the name but will try to find out for you.

I know they charge £95 for a scan but the staff (at least in Aberdeen) are lovely. Xx

• Options

Hi there!

I'm in Aberdeen and I go to Babybond. they are lovely! I think you can find one near you as they are all over UK. 

Also I know there is some talk regarding ultrasounds being harmful but there is no recent scientific research supporting that. I've had several scans during my pregnancy including an early scan. 

Also when you are 7-8 weeks there is no need to be a transvaginal scan unless your dates are wrong. go for the abdominal one. 

Good luck!!!

• Options

When I was 8 weeks I had a vaginal scan 😑 Must be different in some places 

• Options

Navi2016 Thats the place I was trying to remember (I think!!) Are they on George street or down beside Iceland at bottom of Holburn Street? (I am from Abdn as well) 

• Options

Thanks for all your replies ladies - I ended  booking at ABC4D in Edinburgh as they had good reviews and their early scan currently reduced to £49 which is more affordable for us. Can't wait it's next Saturday but I'm also really anxious. I just want to see that baby is in the right place and us a heartbeat!

• Options

Good luck 🍀😘

• Options

Hope everything goes OK for you x

• Options

Mammamia yes baby bond is on george street. I've been several times and I'm very pleased with them.

Memza my best wishes!!!! I hope everything will be ok for you and you see that little precious heartbeat !!!

• Options

I'm in Lanarkshire and used baby bond in mothercare. Was great and they always have deals on.  I paid £30 for gender scan. Natalie x