Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

coming off the pill question , please help ladies???

Hi Ladys , sorry to gate crash into Pregnancy but .............. just wondered if any of you lucky ladies were on the pill for a long time before you TTC ??

I was on the pill non stop for 15 years because of my bad skin (it was the only thing that worked!!) , ive been off it now for 4 months but i have a horrible feeling it going to take a year of so to get out of my system ....

Please could you share your experiences with me

thank you xxxx

Replies

• Options
    hi huni wiv my 1st ds it took me a year b4 i got pg, i woz on the pill for 4 years before that. good luck and hope u get a bfp soon!
    luv clare

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev185pb___.png

• Options
    Hiya,
    I was on it for a while and it did take a bit of time to sort out. My doc and mum both said it could take quite a while like 6 months plus, just cos! My sister had the injections as she was due to to the round the world global boat challenge but that al fell through so she decided to try for a baby - but it took her system about a year to clear itself up. But now she has popped out 3 in very quick sucession and called the other day in a panic cos she thought she was pregnant again!
    So don't worry, it might just take a bit of time for your body to find it's pattern again.
    I used the ovulation testing kits as I had no idea when my period/ovulation was going to show up. they really helped I think!!
    Good luck, don't stress!!
    Chiara 23 + 4 xx
  • Options
    Hiya hon
    I was on the pill 13 years and fell on month 4 so dont' worry too much.xx
  • Options
    I was on the pill (Dianette) for 9 years before I came off. My cycles came back quite quickly and were between 25 and 28 days, it took us 7 cycles to fall pregnant and I used ovulation sticks, took my bbt and monitored my cm/cervix. Good luck.

Bec 37+6 x
  • Options
    oh thank you so much for replying girls , i think i just need to acpet it may take a few more months !!

take care and thanks again xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi, I was on Dianette for about 5 years then celeste (sp!) for 4 years then switched to depo injections for 18months, then back on Dianette for a year. Took me about a year to get my BFP, but I blame depo for this, I hated being on it and I think it takes so long to come out of your system.

Everyone's different, have to agree with *maria* though, I'm never going back on the pill, I felt so much better off it.

Just get to know your cycles and I'm sure you'll get your BFP soon x
  • Options
    i agree ladies i dont want to go bac k on the pill , i think it muted so many emotions and i am enjoying feeling things like ovulation happening , not enjoying the spots that have come bac k tho !! xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Hun,
    I replied to your other post in TTC - I fell pregnant 3 weeks after coming off the pill

xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev207pp___.png

• Options
    i was on the pill for 13 years and came of 6 months before we started and we was lucky i got a bfp the second month of trying,went back on the pill for a year and decided to try for anouther LO and i got a bfp the first month of trying so we were very lucky

sarah
  • Options
    Hi Lil Kim, I had been on the pill for about 13 years and got pregnant with my daughter 10 years ago, I think I just missed one. And I came off the pill this time and got a BFP two weeks later. I don't know if it's one of those things that stays in your system like an injection because if you miss just one you can get PG so you have to use it properly to work. I think it just takes different women different amounts of time to get PG.
  • Options
    i was taking marvellon for 10years, stopped taking it in june and was pregnant in july!!!! think everyone is different. I started trying for baby as soon as i got married as i was told usually takes a year but then got pregnant straight after first period! i was in total shock as never expected it so soon.x
    Good luck with the trying

Nic 41+4 (induction tomorra..yeah)
  • Options
    hi hun. I was taking the pill for 10 years without a break. I fell pregnant 1 month after stopping taking it. Everyone is different, but i've read that after stopping the contraceptive pill, your body can take up to 6 months to get back to it's natural cycle.

x

[Modified by: snowangel on April 30, 2009 01:49 PM]

• Options
    I was on the depo injection for about 5 years when we decided to start trying and we fell pregnant pretty much straight away as I came off it. Everyone is different! I really don't think there is any science to it. All I can say is "Good Luck"
  • Options
    I was on the pill for 20 years, came off in December and got my BFP in my fourth month of trying. Cycles returned to relative normality straight away, 27, 25, 26, 24 days. Still can't believe it how lucky I've been really.

Wishing you lots of luck xx
  • Options
    :lol: Wannabemummy!