Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can anyone suggest a holiday destination for November please

Hi ladies,
Hubby and I have both got time of in the beginning of November which we had initially planned to use as a holiday, we were planning on a Sandals holiday to the carribean but thats out the window now! Basically we just want somewhere hot and relaxing to spend a week or 10 days that isnt too far. We were thinking Canaries as they have pretty good weather all year round but I have been to Tenerife twice and Lanzarote once. Does anyone know of any decent resorts/hotels on any of the Canary Islands or another destination that would fulfil the requirements? We are just looking for something relaxing, probably all inclusive, maybe even slightly more luxurious than we have done before in the Canaries??

Thanks

Becky

x

PS I will be about 18 weeks by then so should be ok to fly right?

[Modified by: MrsS1258 on 04 September 2008 18:14:33 ]

Replies

• Options
    I dunno how you'd feel about the travelling but Egypt is amazing at that time of year !!! I went about 8 years ago and paid ??500 and stayed in a 4 star hotel in Cario and a 4 star hotel in Luxor and it was so unbelievable !!!

Also somewhere like cyprus, croatia or crete is supposed to be lovely too.
  • Options
    hi,

we went to lanzarote in jan was lovely agree with you canarie islands will prob be best for weather in nov the resort we went to was called playa blanca we loved it quiet and got a lovely harbour with loads of resturants we stayed in a villa as there was 10 of us but when we went walking round the resort there was lots of lovely hotels

hope thats some help and you will be fine to go away at 18 weeks think you can fly up to about 26 weeks

emma xx
    28+3

[Modified by: happymummyem on September 04, 2008 06:44 PM]

• Options
    hi ive been to caleta du fuste in fuertaventura twice,both times it was may and the weather was just right not too hot but nice enough to swim in the pool and walk into the town i would assume the weather will be like this in nov time too its a very nice island but avoid correlejo if u can although i havnt been my sister has and she said it was quite windy hope this helps x
  • Options
    I have to agree with mrs weir, we had our honeymoon in egypt. At the hyatt regency, It's the best place I've ever been.
    Flights take around 6hrs though, but the hot weather is guaranteed.

Happy Holidays x
  • Options
    Hi,Im a travel agent in the north east, I personally wouldnt suggest Egypt when you are pregnant as there are alot of virus's and tummy bugs over there at the min and you dont want that at the best of times never mind when pregnant. You have to be careful with the food water etc. You are fine flying at 18 weeks. I would reccomend the canaries and bochures to pick up with nice hotels/resorts would be - Thomas Cook Select, First Choice Premier, Classic Collection Holidays, Thomson A La Carte and Sovereign Holidays. Treat yourself to some luxury! Prices are not too bad for November either at the min. Hope that helps! Natalie x
  • Options
    Hi I've been to Tenerife quite a few times the best place go there is Costa Adeje as its not too rowdy. I stayed in a gorgeous hotel called the Guayarmina Princess right on the beach. Lanzarote is nice but not as much to do it gets quite windy there too, I stayed in the Sol Lanzarote right on the beach as well which is in Matagorda, and a short walk/taxi ride from the busier resort of Puerto Del Carmen.
    I've never been to the canaries in November but my parents have and they said its still nice.
    I've read that 15-24 weeks is the best time to travel so I'm sure 18 weeks is fine!
    xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/bUt4p1/.png

• Options
    Thanks for your replies ladies, you have all been a good help. I had thought a about Egypt a while back but you have made a good point about the tummy bugs Natalie. I will look out for those brochures!

Thanks again ladies

Becky

• Options
    yeah egypt is fab, but me and the oh went last summer and spent 4 days with yellow fever whilst out there, wasnt pleasant

http://bd.lilypie.com/1Zsup1/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev256pr___.png

• Options
    edited Jun 25, 2019 8:19AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.