Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

3rd pregnancy, not feeling movement yet

Hi I'm 16 weeks pregnant today this will be my 3rd baby and I'm worried because I'm not feeling movement yet, and I don't feel like I'm really showing I go back to the doctor in a week and a half just so worried! When did you ladies start to feel movement?

Replies

• Options

Everyone is different please dont worry. They say not to expect to feel solid movement until you are 20 - 22 weeks.

If you havnt suffered with any negative symptoms other than lack of movement then dont stress about it. At 16 weeks they are even reluctant to use a doppler to hear the heartbeat because the baby is still quiet small.

Raise your concerns with the doctor/ midwife at your next appointment, they may try the doppler and if they cant hear anything on that (which is normal if they dont at this stage) they may refer you for an extra scan to ease your mind. 

As for not being very big that may just be how your carrying this time around. Every pregnancy is different xx

• Options

Hi hon, as previous poster says, i didn't feel movement with my two until at least 21 weeks, so i wouldn't worry at all. When are you due? 

• Options

Im 15+6 today and I haven't felt anything myself I have big bump aswell it's my 5th pregnancy with one loss.

I am worried aswell but have my next appointment on 2nd August and I will raise it with the midwife then as I've had no pain or bleeding.

But if you are seriously worried contact them to see what they say to you xx