Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Bedhead

Any news hun?? Bet you're getting fed up now! I've been away this weekend so haven't been on!! x

Replies

• Options
    No! Still sitting here fat and fed up lol. Have a hospital appointment first thing tomorrow so I'm guessing they'll give me an induction date then. Keep getting a few twinges and getting all excited but then they stop again. Starting to wonder if I am actually pregnant or if I have just eaten too many pies! Have you been any where nice? Did Gabe enjoy himself?
    Kerry xx
  • Options
    How many days over are you now? I wasnt 2 bad when I was overdue as I just had a feeling I'd go over but it must be so annoying if your first baby was early. We just went to Wales & stayed in my oh parents caravan, Gabe was great, he is a right little smiler, its hilarious! Everytime someone talks to him he has a massive gummy grin! x
  • Options
    I'll be a week over tomorrow. I was expecting lo to have been about 4 weeks old by now so it seems very strange still being pregnant now!. I am hoping for a smiley one this time, now she is bigger Millie is a real giggler but when she was tiny she just used to sit there watching what you were doing very seriously!
    xx
  • Options
    Famous last words lol, hes been a pain tonight, fussing with feeds and whinging cos hes overtired. He seems bunged up, hope hes ok.
    It won't be long now, when do they induce in your area?
    I bet you're sick of people calling, they drove me mad when I was overdue. Kept calling every 5 seconds asking me if Id had him yet! x
  • Options
    Hey girlies, hope you dont mind me butting in image

If I go overdue and we get the calls I'm gonna tell people that baby was born last week and we just forgot to tell them!!! sounds rude but surely people would think they would hear if you had, had the baby!? as if you aren't annoyed enough by going over!
  • Options
    Not sure when they normally induce but I am going to ask them to wait till 2 weeks over. I am still hoping for a water birth at the birth centre and I can't have that if I am induced. Not been too bad for people phoning, oh keeps ringing me from work to check nothings happened and my mum phones everyday, but then she is down to look after Millie so I can't really complain!
    Hope Gabe is ok, has he gone off to sleep yet? When Millie is buged up I always hang a wet towel up in her room to keep the air moist and that seems to help.
    xx
  • Options
    Yep you would think that if I had had the baby that I would have told my own father but no he still insisted on ringing every 5 seconds despite being told that my bf would ring the second there was news. What peed me off more was about an hour after I'd gone in to be induced, I got texts saying "So have I got a new grandson/nephew/cousin yet???" Aaaarrghhh! MrsT, I think your suggestion is quite good, be as snappy as you can cos I was polite and they never got the message lol
  • Options
    Im pretty sure you can wait longer than 2 weeks over but you have to go in for twice weekly monitoring & a scan to check fluid levels around baby or something. I do wish in a way that I had chosen that option rather than being induced at 9 days over, because they do say induction is more painful, and its restrictive as you need monitoring. I hope you get your water birth, fingers crossed, its your second and could be easier? x
  • Options
    Just checked and hes asleep - for some reason he wont fall asleep if I'm in the room...too nosy probably! So I leave him and keep checking him.
  • Options
    They won't take me at the birth centre after 2 weeks any way so might as well get him out then! It better be easier than last time, I had the birth from hell, labour wasn't too bad but Millie was back to back, and presenting brow first. I ended up with a episiotomy, two ventouse attempts and then a high rotational forceps delivery all on gas and air! Then just to add to the birth experience Millie had to go to special care as she had swallowed fluid and I lost a litre of blood! Think the only way it could get worse is if they did a section without anesthetic lol.

MrsT, it is oh that make me laugh, he keeps ringing up to ask if anything has happened. What because I wouldn't ring and tell you to come home? Does he really think that I am just going to have the baby without telling him? Wait till he comes home and then say 'Hello darling, did you have a good day, meet your son'???
    xx
  • Options
    The idea of forceps scared me more than anything when I was pregnant, but to do it all on gas and air...wow! Gas & air is pretty good though, looking back I think I could've stayed with just that, but I was knackered and it takes a lot of concentration to breathe it especially as I was a real screamer during labour. Think they took me for a section just to shut me up....lol.
    How old is Millie now is she 2 yet? Does she know shes getting a little brother? x
  • Options
    I didn't get much choice, they didn't realise that she was back to back untill I had been pushing for an hour so it was too late for an epidural. Not something I would do again in a hurry! I loved the gas and air though, I had that and diamorphine earlier on and it was great, I was on another planet. Millie is 22 months now, she knows we are getting a new baby, she thinks it's really funny to go into his room and look at all his things!
    xx